How to make your own transaxle based on another mod...

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by wiad7, Feb 26, 2019.

1. wiad7

wiad7
    Expand Collapse

It is second tutorial (first tutorial: https://beamng.com/threads/how-to-make-your-own-engine-based-on-another-mod.61159/) and today we will create your own transaxle based on another mod.
    In the first tutorial I described in detail where the files are and how to open them.
    We need "transmission" or "transaxle" file and open then.
    upload_2019-2-26_11-50-33.png
    There are 5 types of transmissions: automatic, manual, sequential, dual clutch and continously variable.
    Next, I will describe in detail all the parameters of the transmission:
    1) Gear ratios parameter - here are prescribed gear ratios.
    upload_2019-2-26_11-56-4.png
    2) Automatic mods (red arrow) - (there are a few types: P(parking), R(reverse), N(neutral, D(drive), S(sport), M(manual), 1(first gear), 2(second gear).
    3) useSmartAggressionCalculation (yellow arrow) - quick thinking (if true).
    4) calculateOptimalLoadShiftPoints (blue arrow) - optimal switching (if true).
    5) transmissionGearChangeDelay (green arrow) - switching time.
    6) highShiftDownRPM (black arrow) - momentum shift into a higher gear.
    upload_2019-2-26_11-58-8.png
    To replace the type of transmission (red arrow) just replace automaticGearbox (for example) on dctGearbox (when changing from automatic transmissions to dual clutch is nothing but this change is not necessary).
    Below I leave the file with the code variator, manual and sequential gearbox.
    upload_2019-2-26_12-10-43.png
    If you do not understand something do not hesitate to write me in private messages (can be in Russian), I will try to answer all questions (and not only).
    Will soon release a tutorial for the turbos.
    Third tutorial:https://beamng.com/threads/how-to-make-your-own-turbo-based-on-another-mod.61167/#post-999190

Attached Files:

#1 wiad7, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice