How to make your own turbo based on another mod...

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by wiad7, Feb 26, 2019.

1. wiad7

wiad7
    Expand Collapse

It is third tutorial (this is second:https://beamng.com/threads/how-to-make-your-own-transaxle-based-on-another-mod.61166/) and today we will create your own turbo based on another mod.
    In the first tutorial I described in detail where the files are and how to open them.
    We need "turbo" file (but the turbines are most often located in "engine").
    Next, I will describe in detail all the parameters of the turbo:
    1) wastegateStart (red arrow) - start pressure (PSI)
    2) wastegateLimit (yellow arrow) - end pressure (PSI)
    3) maxExhaustPower (blue arrow) - exhaust performance
    4) pressureRatePSI (black arrow) - max pressure (PSI)
    5) damageThresholdTemperature (green arrow) - the temperature at which the turbine is damaged.
    upload_2019-2-26_12-41-11.png
    Next we will see 2 columns (first is turbine RPM (red arrow), second is pressure ((blue arrow)PSI))
    upload_2019-2-26_12-48-33.png
    Below we will see 3 columns (first is engine RPM (yellow arrow), second is turbo's effiency (blue arrow), third is exhaust factor (red arrow)).
    upload_2019-2-26_12-50-12.png
    If you do not understand something do not hesitate to write me in private messages (can be in Russian), I will try to answer all questions (and not only).
    Will soon release a tutorial for the tanks.

#1 wiad7, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Even though I don't know how to do this myself, I'm not sure if you are exactly 'qualified' to make these tutorials. :)

I mean I think it's great you're trying to help the community, but I think it would be a better if it was made by someone with more experience.

I'm not exactly sure how credible this tutorial is considering you spell columns like:
    I'm not trying to deter you from modding or helping others out in any way, but I think it would be better if you got more modding experience first :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Good job stealing other mods for your own gain

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wiad7

wiad7
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I just started studying English.

5. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Your dedication to making this tutorials is admirable, but they aren't very helpful and rather inaccurate, and seem to be based on a very outdated version of the game. For example, "pressureRatePSI" is not the max pressure of a turbo, and your descriptions of the boost curve table isn't very helpful. For anyone who wishes to see how turbos work, I would suggest looking at the turbo wiki, here

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice