Unsolved How to remove it on the map?

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by mnwrk, Nov 26, 2022.

1. mnwrk

mnwrk
    Expand Collapse

Hello!
    A strange problem happened today. The fact is that in one part of the map I got this. I don't know what it is, and I don't understand how it got here.
    It is useless to delete, after re-entering the map, it reappears in this place. What to do in this case?

Attached Files:

• Picsart_22-11-27_01-11-30-995.jpg
    • Picsart_22-11-27_01-11-14-484.jpg
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That's because that's part of mission data, it's not 'in the map' as much as it's 'in a prefab'. If you unpack the mission prefabs or delete them (inside object editor mode, the pencil icon), it should go away. They might be under an official MISSION folder object inside the map data - both inside the 'object editor' and inside the map data on your drive / user-folder.
    A prefab is what a mission is packed up into, much like putting files inside a zip file.
    See a thread about how to work with missions to better understand how to make - and get rid of - missions.
    If your map directory matches one of the official maps, be aware you'll get cross-contamination of weird nature such as these, too. This last part is only important if it STILL doesn't go away.

As much as I have mapped, I have NEVER fiddled with missions or career mode and thus have no experience, but that IS a mission component and I DO know those are packed into prefabs so they don't get messed up as you edit/make the map.
    *MODERATORS: If this posts twice, please remove one post, my internet is currently hanging on by a string (storms + satellite internet).

• Like Like x 1
  3. mnwrk

mnwrk
    Expand Collapse

thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice