1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Huge performance issue related with audio engine

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ChatCureuil, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't seem to happen even when i put traffic in italy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GianniPower

GianniPower
    Expand Collapse

I never had lag problems with traffic (unless after some time some cars stand still in the middle of the road). Did a race in the long desert bumpy road with at least 15 cars everyone in chase mode and didn’t have any issue (but maybe since it happens after certain time i should repeat those races for like 15 minutes and see). That problem happened to me only today when i tried to race cars with the AI path recording app. Still have to try without every mod and with cache cleared. Don’t think that using Vulkan mode will fix this since it’s sound related somehow but i’ll try testing better later, i’ll keep you updated.
    Edit: honestly don’t think that clearing cache will fix it nor using vanilla game without mods, but i’ll try anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Why should the OP be thankful? He/she literally bought the game. You can be grateful about the various content updates, PBR, Quicktravel/Missions, but not this.
    And there's no official way to temporarily downgrade to 0.23.5. At least we should have a stable release/unstable release branches to choose on Steam/Humble Bundle.
    90% of people seldom play for more than one hour per session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I really doubt that's the case (unless they are kids whose parents give them play time limits), are there any statistics to back this up? Also the issue doesn't happen to me when I play for hours with traffic so I assume it's a rare bug

• Like Like x 1
  5. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if my wording was a bit misleading. The "per session" is without changing maps or exiting to main menu. As of 0.24 update there's no way to really exit to main menu after loading your first map. If your session has a RAM leak, there's no way to release the RAM aside from quitting the game.
    There might be an increase of the number of non-max volume player since some of them lowered the UI volume slider for the sake of reducing clicking sound of the 0.24 UI.
    I found the same problem. After hotlapping about an hour, the sound of driving on shoulder/grass has gone intermittent. A few minutes later, the game physics went laggy, the "lag" was "triggered" by intermittent sound rendering.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. GianniPower

GianniPower
    Expand Collapse

That lag triggered by intermittent sound rendering is technically called stuttering, i’m gonna do a complete analysis of the problem, i’ll try everything (everything a common user can do of course) and see if i get to “fix” it. Then i’ll post here what i did including uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. I’ll try also various tests to see in which conditions it occurs.

7. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

Why are you still making so much noise about it, no need for testing anymore, as I posted the fix is coming soon

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GianniPower

GianniPower
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you but how can someone learn if he doesn’t try messing around. I just wanted to try to see exactly when it occurs and maybe understand why or have an idea about it.

9. GILDO125

GILDO125
    Expand Collapse

As I stated in a earlier post, I always spawn about 12 cars (my limit to keep it above 60ps) and have them racing around a small oval. Takes ages to spawn the cars I want etc, get 20 mins of game time if I’m lucky and it dies and I need a full game restart. Hopefully this fix is soon as I haven’t now played the game in 2-3 weeks and it’s my most played game by a mile. Others are having the problem too who aren’t using loads of cars as a friend of mine mentioned it too but his limit is about 6 cars and he said he got about 2 hours of gameplay before it explodes. Thanks for doing a fix tho devs

10. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the bump,

but since the audio issue has not yet been fixed, maybe another example of the issue could be some use?

It does seems quite rare since I often play with too much traffic(usually 18-20 vehicles) for my Ryzen 9 5900X for about an hour at a time(often recording a replay and then screencapture that thus playing for 2-3 hours straight with traffic) and this is the first time it happened to me.(Skip to 59:30 for the issue)

I cant remember how many cars I spawned, but I only used one mod(facelift Grand Marshal) with many other mods installed.

There are other issues present in the video, like derpy AI paths, broken fugitive system and some strange lighting artifacts at night time, but those are known relatively minor issues.

I also had this issue when having a bunch of police trying to chase me around the Nürburgring, I assume it happened faster there due to the sirens blasting(It took about 40 minutes to happen there);

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice