I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by thevidmaster, Sep 10, 2014.

1. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

Do not read this if you don't want to be in a bad mood.

Hi, I'm a senior in high school, preparing to go out into the world. Trying to get into a college, trying to get a good job later on. There is only one problem with this. i currently have a 1.717 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and am ranked 160 out of 187 kids in my class. I don't know what to do. it's blatantly obvious that i fucked up the first three years, and now I don't know what to do. I know that I've practically screwed my life up now, I won't get the job I deserve, I won't get into the college I want to get into. Can somebody please tell me why I should stick around and hope for a miracle? I have no clue whats going to happen to me, and to make things worse, my grandfather has to rub shit in by saying stuff like "160 out of 187!? you're a disgrace!" and "you're GPA is lower than one of those lowrider things!". I really want to tell him that his 'motivation' isn't doing jack-all. All I do for free time is play games on the computer, and exercise for about an hour each day. I'm overweight, have never had a girlfriend, and am probably the least attractive person you'll ever meet.

I am the definition of a bum.

Why am I worrying about this when i'm only 17? I don't know. All of this pressure, stress, screaming, and 'motivation' isn't helping me either (in fact, its what got me to thinking this.) I really want to work with computers when i'm older, and my parents know that. but when i ask for a part to expand my knowledge of the anatomy of a computer, the normal response is always "*rolls eyes and sighs deeply* what could you possibly need this for now!?" so I can learn more about compu-" "yeah yeah bullshit, you just want to play on you're stupid game. why don't you get a job to pay for it?". That leads me to my next statement. I can't even get a job. Everyone i know is already working part time or full time and already have cars, and are able to pay their own bills. I'm just sitting here, throwing out applications to every job site in my area, with only one interview, but the "you're hired" call never came through.

I'll add on to this tomorrow. I have to go to bed to get nowhere in school tomorrow.

2. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Your like me, I effed up over the past 3 years, but I am trying to get into TAFE, and I currently don't know what to do, so at the start of this year I made the decision to deicate most of my time to school work, and its paid off, my grades have gone up, and that is what you will have to do, its not easy, but if people got their dream job for doing jack shit, the world would be out of place, it takes hard work to get the well paying job, good jobs come to those who have worked for it.

3. Possibly_Pos

Possibly_Pos
    Expand Collapse

You did better then i did in high school. Had a 1.111 gpa and couldn't get it up... sad but true. Not much you can do once your a senior, sorry.

4. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

No worries, I completely failed high school, wasted 2 years at a course I never finished, and here I am working for BeamNG and fixing peoples PC's on the side. My next step is unknown.

If you really want to get somewhere, without qualifications, study something in your own time, programming perhaps? Invest some time in 3d modelling, experience always wins over qualifications, so the earlier you start the better :)

You say you want to work with computers which is great, there's always a market for it, so yeah I'd highly suggest putting some time into something and working your way up.

#4 DrowsySam, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice