1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

I just want to race the AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikelt, Sep 18, 2026.

  1. mikelt

    mikelt
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2013
    Messages:
    16
    This game has been for a while now, and I've been through the journey almost from the start, but I've still not managed to fully enjoy it with proper race against the AI to my liking.

    Let's take LFS for example, it's much older racing game where you can simply go into single player select your track and layout choose your opponents and start the race, is it that hard to achieve in BeamNG.drive?

    I'm sorry to bitch about but I don't want thousands of scenarios scattered on different maps, I don't want to chase barrels or jump of a ramp or do a timelapse all by myself. I want a proper race with the AI (not even mentioning multiplayer because it's much harder to achieve) where I can customize all by myself and have a blast, and it should be easily arranged from the main menu and not search for it on specific location on a specific map while opening the radial menu and selecting tons of options (sorry I hate the new UI so much).

    Please bring it on devs.
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ananel81

    Ananel81
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2021
    Messages:
    1,619
    I played Live For Speed and the AI is far from good. It's almost the same as BeamNG, it doesn't see you, so it will pit and crash into you whenever you get in front of his trajectory.
     
  3. Blobob

    Blobob
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2013
    Messages:
    13
    Yes but op's point still stands.
    Beamng desperately lacks a proper quick but deep race setup, and I am sure the devs will work (if not already) on that kind of feature when they will be satisfied with the race ai.
    Anyway I am all for it.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xupaun

    Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2020
    Messages:
    901
    My main grudge with the Race AI is that they will crash the car, and if you fix it to keep racing, the AI stops, and you can't resume the racing AI
     
  5. Unster

    Unster
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2018
    Messages:
    510
    Ha! I put in this feature request MANY years ago. It is very strange that this hasn't already been done. The functionality has been in the game for a long time, just largely inaccessible because of the UI. The closest I've come to custom racing in BeamNG is in free roam on some race tracks with AI set to follow randomly. Problem is, this only works on closed circuits, usually mod maps. The default ones like Hirochi Raceway have all kinds of detours from the race track that the AI happily takes which makes them leave the race.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice