1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I need help! Moding scenario.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Drivver, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Hi! I'm editing one of moded scenarios and my goal is to made it as FPS friendly as possible. I'm talking about Demolition Derby by @Scepheo , right now I'm able to push on average 140fps with peaks ~ 220fps on high/med settings FHD without shadows and dynamic reflections with my mid range PC. Also reduced sticky bug so it's way more fun ( by just striping cars a lot more, so fenders, bumpers, hoods, doors, lights etc are missing so cars don't stuck inside each other that often, actually they almost don't stuck - this changes also makes cars more fragile, so one try doesn't take 20 minutes anymore ). Via world editor I also erased everything I just left skybox without clouds and concrete barriers around playground, but it's not the way I'd like it to be done, I'd like to import it in to senario so I wouldn't had to destroy map to play this scenario. I know there's way to load things especially for scenario, like fences, barriers etc. But is there a way to force scenario to load only pure skybox, terrain and concrete barriers around arena? Without any veggies, buildings, decorations etc. My moding knowledge is equal to 0 so I have no idea if that's possible or not. Any help appreciated.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for reply. I've almost reached my goal... almost. Well when I try to delete prefabs via mod game won't load it'll stuck on 100% nearly done and spinning loading sign - so it's doing something but wont load game. And TSStatics... I have to leave them because concrete barriers are also part of TSStatics and arena wouldn't have borders, unless there is way to leave just barriers around it, and delete every other TSStatic (right now I see one solution, as I can't delete prefabs and I have no idea why is it possible to change this concrete barriers in to prefabs on this map?). I'd like to erase them as they are now most demanding. I've deleted road meshes, veggies, rocks, some buildings and miscs via mod. It actually gives a lot of performance and looks almost identical from arena perspective so it's worth even in this state, but I'd like to achieve more performance gain. I made this two mods in to one, but I also realized it works everywhere in game so in freeroam or another scenarios it also erase 3/4 of map content. Is there a way to activate "eraser" only in this scenario? Simplest way is to just activate mod when I'd like to play it, but it's not satisfying solution.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice