1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

i need some motivation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soyounme, Oct 22, 2018.

1. soyounme

soyounme
    Expand Collapse

i want to make my own rally car thats really fast without mods but i cant seem to find the motivation. I want to make a pessima so i max it out and i go in the tuning area and just kinda give up like i already have a hillclimb gravel mod that is super fast why do i need to do this. I just want to try but im to simple minded to understand what im doing.

2. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

...then just do it. Do it when you're bored, I guess. I like to max out cars for the challenge of it; to see what are the best parts I can install.

3. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

well, start off with a basic tune. stock spring rates, dampers with soft compression and stiff rebound, +75% ride height, 1.0°-2.0° negative camber, 40% caster, maybe a bit of negative toe in the front depending on the car.

tuning can get pretty complex, and it all depends on if you're rallying fwd, rwd, or awd. fwd is the simplest and tamest to learn on a wheel, and the tuning isn't so complicated. rwd tuning is similar, but you need to make sure your diff is sorted out properly for sure. awd tuning is more advanced i suppose, but not much worse if you know what you're doing.

it all depends on the stage/course obviously. if it seems like you're getting too much understeer mid-slide, add more front camber. if you're bottoming out on every jump, increase ride height or spring stiffness, along with damper compression stiffness. a good fwd tune will allow you to use the brakes and gas to adjust your turn-in and your slip angle as you're racing, with minimal steering input. i like setting up fwd cars to be quite oversteery under braking, so that the car can turn in a lot easier during tight corners. having a comfortable-to-reach handbrake will also help for that. brake balance is lots of personal preference, on fwd or awd i like more rear bias than on a rwd car. ALWAYS make sure you are able to lock up all 4 wheels under hard braking, and make sure you adjust your brake balance to suit your car, course, and driving style.

of course, everything needs to be fine-tuned another time if you're uninterested to do it now. if you're on a wheel, a good tune can be so so good feeling. keyboard driving, not so much, although the spring and damper rates are still really important. on a controller, make sure you don't have too much power to drive without wheelspin. short gears are a must, for maximum acceleration out of corners. also make sure you're always in your optimal powerband after shifting. depending on the stage, your car should top out between like 120-160mph.

• Like Like x 1
  4. soyounme

soyounme
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the advice a lot it has helped me and im starting to make a covet but, i feel now that it isnt really overwhelming me thats the problem its that i really dont care. I can just slap some rally coilovers and rally tires on a stock covet and it works for me this may sound good for some people but not me, i want to feel like i made something special and not just rally coilovers and tires on a covet but it just works for me and i dont feel i need to tune cause i can handle it. Its not like im to lazy to tune so i make do its just i dont need to tune cause its just perfect for me.

also im using a controller and cant get a wheel anytime soon.

edit: also i just want to make sure that you know that i have read through your post (like 3 times now) and am listening and trying what you said. I am saying this cause i feel sometimes that people don't listen to me and i thought my message looked kinda like i wasn't listening.

#4 soyounme, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice