1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

I want CryEngine 3 back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DryCoast, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Should the devs switch to CryEngine 3?

1. Yes!

12.3%
  2. No!

87.7%
  1. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

What is the problem to see a "nostalgic" person who only wants an engine change just beacuse he doesn't like this recent engine for Beam?

2. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

The thing is that it's pretty obvious that wouldn't happen because the old graphics were too GPU-demanding and it's just a pointless thing to wish for IMO.

Just let this useless thread die...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stynger

Stynger
    Expand Collapse

This is just my opinion, but I think BeamNG in cryengine3 looked horrible.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Read this thread while watching this... makes it 10x as good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Hello, that's the point of simulation games.

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Have you read any of these threads? There’s a lot of reasons the devs can’t switch back. I remember ages ago when a lot of the community wanted Minecraft to be put onto a new engine, Jeb (I think it was Jeb, he was the most active dev at the time IIRC) said it would’ve been too much work and take at least a year out of development. That game isn’t exactly as complicated as BeamNG.
    --- Post updated ---
    Because there’s no reason for an engine switch and many reasons not to, which has been discussed a lot recently on other threads

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I can agree with looks, but it would take around 1-2 years just to get the game at its current state to function properly in another engine. That also means the game would have no progress what so ever in that time period. Its not worth it. It won't happen.
    --- Post updated ---
    This would also effect modding, Different engines operate differently. All the really good modders would have to re-learn a lot of stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Plus I’ve pretty much been able to replicate Cry Engine 3 graphics just by adjusting the shine on the cars and time of day. I believe Torque3D can do everything Cry Engine 3 could and much more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Yup, its just not worth 3 years of useless effort. Its like taking a 4k 70 inch tv, and saying the 25 year old crt looks better.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

For some applications, it is.

Like, old, low resolution images would benefit from interpolation and interlaced view more than stretching to LCD native resolutions and the consequent blurring. That's why old arcade and console games up to the early 128 bit era often looked better on CRT displays than on PC screens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I realize that, but beamng is a modern game.

12. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

To add my 2€ cents to this whole thread, I think that neither CE3 or UE4 would be able to simulate stuff properly & as realistically as GameEngine currently does. In my opinion, it would be like a mix between Assetto Corsa physics & Forza games

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

can you please do me an explain on HOW the graphics need to be changed, WHAT is weak about them, WHY you consider it to be the weakest part of the game.

weakest parts of the game should include simple quality of life fixes, like automatic trailer tiedowns and the like. or better graphics performance, in general, ignoring your perception of the quality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Vulkan is NOT a game engine. It is a graphics API, like OpenGL and DirectX.

Also, graphics are not the game's weakest part. The weakest part is the GUI performance IMO and that has nothing at all to do with the game engine used.

15. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

17. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

First go to this thread, https://www.beamng.com/threads/my-reshade-config.51827/page-15

Then I edited it with the reshade in game settings to what I like, Adjust the autofocus and turn on reflective bump mapping and it makes the game look awesome its hard to show it via photos and videos but trust me. Also kick on HDR and levels. But its mostly catered to your tastes so its how you want it to look/what you think is realistic. Follow that thread and you'll be fine! Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  18. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

The mod is quite old, did you have to just drag and drop the Reshade files to the mods folder? Also did you download the cantgetbetter zip, or the onlyone zip?

19. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Go to the most recent posts. That has the most recent setup for Reshade. Look through the thread and OP for how to use it. It's slightly more complicated then simply plopping it into the mods folder.

• Like Like x 1
  20. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

cantgetbetter.zip and make sure you install Reshade 3.4.1 I believe on page 13 of the thread.
    --- Post updated ---
    But the pay off is well worth it I think

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice