I want to Repair a mod and I want to learn the basics!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by The Most DAPPER Of Boos, Dec 2, 2020.

1. The Most DAPPER Of Boos

The Most DAPPER Of Boos
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure where to begin, the textures are broken and the headlights open down, where do I begin to fix this thing and how do I start?

Attached Files:

• mr2-1.png
    • mr2-2.png
  2. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

start at the wiki, then documentation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Have you had any BeamNG modding experience before ? If I were to fix this mod I would definitely start with the 'flappers'. They are most likely to be found in a file called 'headlights.jbeam' or the like. Another possibility would be 'body.jbeam' but I suspect that is less likely. In any case if you find the headlights in the jbeam file search for the 'hydros' section'. I suspect the direction of the hydros is mixed up. It's very likely that this can be fixed by simply adding or removing a '-' (minus) sign from the value assigned to the movement of the hydros. If you cannot make any sense of this explanation then better to refer to Penta's post.

4. The Most DAPPER Of Boos

The Most DAPPER Of Boos
    Expand Collapse

None this mod made me want to learn how to do it! Me and my friend are working on it and we think it’s the nodes and node hinges not lining up with the beams properly, upon messing with some of the hinges we got some positive movement by using the vehicle creation mega thread but we could really use someone who knows what to look for for guidance.

This is the progress we’ve made so far.

Attached Files:

• D38EBC4F-B5CB-4AB4-9579-EE8FC3CAE204.png
    • 805D80DB-1D2D-487D-B384-BB2013D9861C.png
    • E455359E-4931-4976-B064-ABE842609EBE.png
    #4 The Most DAPPER Of Boos, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Oh.. I thought the headlights were just going down instead of up. I know enlarged the screenshots by clicking on them, I guess that mod never really got a quality finish at all. As long as you can't credit the model properly (with or without needed permission) you can't share the file to be looked at by anyone else so it's gonna be a lot of work for a novice modder. If you're really motivated, okay, take one step at the time and be sure to ask your questions here, there's always people trying to help :)

6. The Most DAPPER Of Boos

The Most DAPPER Of Boos
    Expand Collapse

well me and my buddy made our own little server just for fixing this and we’re looking for someone our senior to overlook us while we work on it, we are trying to figure out if we’re moving in the right direction :eek:

7. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Nice, well by posting here you have more than one person overlooking the project and advice may come from different directions. Carry on ! :)

8. The Most DAPPER Of Boos

The Most DAPPER Of Boos
    Expand Collapse

We got it! Now we need to work on the materials!

Attached Files:

• MR2-7.png
    • MR2-8.png
  9. NaNe

NaNe
    Expand Collapse

good luck

10. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Good job ! Yes, materials maybe but certainly uv maps, it seems they are a little messed up. They need to be unwrapped/reset/remapped, especially the latter. By googling 'blender uv mapping' you might catch valuable information on how how to. :)

11. The Most DAPPER Of Boos

The Most DAPPER Of Boos
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice