1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Ibishu 200BX

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 17, 2012.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

uh-huh

sure you aren't

2. Rubiespeed03

Rubiespeed03
    Expand Collapse

Is that sarcasm?

3. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

How about you shut the **** up and never speak again ?

4. Rubiespeed03

Rubiespeed03
    Expand Collapse

Why? its not like a war.
    we are just talking about the 200BX.
    an that turned into what coupes and sedans where.
    but i agree if that makes you happy

5. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

CONGRATULATIONS! You just made me lose sanity. Stop posting bullshit all over the forums or it WILL change into a war. Do you even realize how many people you've pissed off with your idiotic posts ?

6. Rubiespeed03

Rubiespeed03
    Expand Collapse

I know and i said i agree.
    but what i say is its needs at least 250 hp
    And why is everything my fault?

7. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Because you aren't the designer of the car. Gabester does tons of research into even tiny, minute details on cars in order to get them right in terms of inspiration. Why do you think he'd suddenly dump all that and make an engine underpowered for no reason? If it's underpowered in game, that's because the equivalent real cars are also underpowered.

8. Rubiespeed03

Rubiespeed03
    Expand Collapse

No i mean that he is angry on me but other guys did it as well.
    And about the engine im not saying that i want it game it was an idea, gabe did it well

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

"correct me if I'm wrong"

Ok.
    Coupe isn't a 2-door sedan. A coupe is different from a 2-door sedan because of the lack of a proper b-pillar. Basically, with all side-windows down, it would appear pillar-less from the A to the C pillar.
    However, some cars are coupes without not-having a b-pillar. They classify as coupes as long as the b-pillar isn't structural. For example, my BMW E36 coupe has a b-pillar where the seatbelt and side-glass mount to, and so does the BMW E30 2-door. But on the E36, the side window and quarter window are flush, it's continous glass front to back even though there's metal behind it at some point. But on the E30 2-door, there's a black plastic bit that sticks out, making it a 2-door sedan. I think it also matters if the doors are pillar-less glass or not(the E30 has framed doors, E36 and E46 have pillarless, so does the Silvia/240SX, but the 200BX has framed glass in the doors so I guess technically the 200BX would be a 2-door sedan even though all the cars it's based on have pillarless doors, which was always strange to me)

To make it even more complicated, there's also 4-door coupes, which basically just means that it has the proportions of a coupe. For example the Merc CLS from 2005-ish, or the Audi A7.
    A sports coupé like someone else called the 200BX is basically with a sloping rear roof, most people know that as a fastback...

As for what the Impreza/Evo are, I'd personally not call them sportscars, because a sportscar is typically a 2-door. While I was looking up if there's an actual definition of sportscar, I found out that the Impreza and Evo both fall under the Sports Compact catagory. Which is described as "A high performance verison of a compact car or subcompact car, usually front engined-front-drive or front engined awd, coupes, sedans or hatches with 4-cylinders".

10. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad that we're somewhat back on topic :D

Speaking of those 2 door sedans and 4 door coupes, I think classification of cars like 200BX is a bit of mess because while it does have framed windows, it technically doesn't have a proper B pillar so you may get confused. Also speaking of a 2 door sedan being called a coupe, Wikipedia says that a sedan can be called a coupe only when front side windows can be lowered while rear side windows can't be, and they have to be spaced by a B pillar or window frame.
    edit: THAT ANNOYING KID GOT FINALLY BANNED ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY MODERATOR

#350 Vlahka, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  11. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. From my experience, the definition between a coupe and 2 door sedan seems to be a little grey, and is usually up to what the manufacture markets the car as. As for the B pillars, a coupe with non structural b pillars (more specifically ones that roll down) are referred to as a hardtop coupe. 4 door vehicles with no b pillar are simply hardtop or 4 door hardtop (much like the Chaser you made). This seems to be a popular trend in 70's and 80's Japan, pretty much every b-pillar less coupe was marketed as a hardtop.

I think a good definition between a 2 door sedan and coupe is the roofline. A 2 door sedan (e.g E30, KE70, Opel Kadett C) shares it's roofline with the sedan, and essentially just elongates the front doors, and merges the rear ones with the body. A 2 door coupe on the other hand has a completely different roofline (behind the doors), generally styled in a sportier fashion. It's also not uncommon for a coupe's taillights to be different from the sedan equivalent, while a 2 door sedan's taillights are usually shared with the sedan.

I don't really think framed doors have anything to do with it. The TE27 Corolla/Sprinter uses framed door windows (and is most definitely classified a coupe), while a number of 4 door Subaru models use frameless door windows. Like I said before, the definition of coupe seems to lie within the roofline.

I would consider the 200BX to simply be a sports coupe, like an S13 Silvia. don't be fooled by the sloping rear either, it's not a liftback as the rear window does not form a hatch.

#351 Bakasan, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

How's the rear suspension going? We need a new screenshot ;)

13. Vlahka

Vlahka
    Expand Collapse

#353 Vlahka, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  14. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

If anyone is wondering, this screen is from facebook.

15. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

16. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

17. superpat89

superpat89
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait shred tires with the Gavril V8 swap.

18. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

If there where to be any v8 swap option, I personally think that the Bruckell v8 would be a better candidate due to it being carbureted, easier to get working if it where a in real life scenario. also I would love to see a Ibshu I4 swap as a option. :rolleyes:

19. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

that would be a downgrade. Cars in the 70s were stomped on with emissions and essentially still used 60s technology, so it would be heavier and produce the same power as the stock sport model.

Also it's huge.

20. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

This.

I think just fitting a nice big turbo to the 200BX DOHC 4 would be a much better alternative;) Perhaps even the V6 from the Pessima.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice