1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Ibishu 200BX

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 17, 2012.

1. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The visualizer is the game, yes. I grab node coordinates from points on the 3D mesh and type them into a text editor to construct the physical skeleton. We will have some kind of real editor with a GUI at some point, but I have no trouble with this method since I've been doing it for years.

2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

So if your trying to do it backwards (Jbeam before you have a mesh) I imagine that's pretty hard to do.

3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yeah, I always model at least the complete body shell and suspension geometry before I start on the jbeam.

4. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here) reminds me of these

5. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

6. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Not quite. The Levin's an '83 AE86 Corolla, whilst the Trueno's an '83 AE86 Sprinter. Similar, but not the same ;)
    Comparison of the back...
    Back end of a Levin:
    Outside_LH_RR_NEW.jpg
    Back end of a Trueno:
    13300.jpg
    And I agree, there should be an I6 option, if not a V6.

7. Camaro735

Camaro735
    Expand Collapse

ACTUALLY the AE86 Corolla "Levin" and Sprinter "Trueno" titles refer pretty much to the difference in the Headlights ; Levins have normal, rectangular headlights while Truenos have the Pop-ups. Levins AND Truenos were avaible both as Coupe and Hatchback/Liftback

Trueno Hatch and Levin Coupe:
    ae86-levin-2-door-trueno-3-door-hatch-coupe-brothers-15.jpg
    Levin Hatch:
    AE86.jpg
    Trueno Coupe:
    New_stock_ae86_coupe.jpg

Trying not to be too cocky or o/t here, but i thought it needed to be clarified.

Also i think the 200BX (also in the name) reminds more of a Nissan 180SX/240SX (Type X) - hence the pop-up headlights, rounded top and wide taillights.
    Red_240SX_II.jpg Red_240SX.jpg
    But the 89-97 Thunderbird as well as the BMW 850ci touch mentioned earlier is also visible, if it even really exists! I simply love the ideas people get when speculating about "fictional" cars and their influences!
    And yeah, this one is probably the car i'm looking most forward to - Covet Turbo engine RWD fun!

8. Killerchicken

Killerchicken
    Expand Collapse

Cheap sports car? Ultimate drifting weapon? Its a bloddy ae86 levin YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

9. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Oh, whup. I thought it was the taillights, AND headlights, but I guess not...

10. KogeyFox

KogeyFox
    Expand Collapse

11. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Brendan

Brendan
    Expand Collapse

ETA ;)? I'll bake you cookies if it's out in February.

13. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I know its a little late but I'd like to see some more Japanese culture to the car. I feel like just a few line adjustments and details would make it pop.

The front end looks pretty nice but I'd add some detail to the flip up lights. A type of trim around them or like an inch of plastic on the front of the headlight housing. The rear end I feel needs to have some stronger lines. Looks too plain and rounded to me. I'd flatten the trunk some myself. Completely different taillights. But these are just my dumb ideas and the model is already made.

14. Brendan

Brendan
    Expand Collapse

coupe redo.jpg
    Red arrows actually have some things changed (keep in mind I didn't feel like redoing certain aspects visible in other angles)
    I feel what I did was more asian. The black trim sort of stuff is necessary.

15. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

my 200bx.jpg coupe.jpg ​Compare!

Alright Gabester I would like to first say i love this project and ive spent an hour kinda shaping this together. I really think that these adjustments would make the car more unique. Give it more Character..

1. This makes the headlight housing pop in my opinion. Adds more design to the kinda lack luster front end. I dont know why but i really really want you to give this a look and see how it looks.
    NEW IDEA: on just the driver side plastic trim on the headlight, write 200BX on it. Not the left just the right. I think that would put the icing on the cake.

2. this is the one ur not gonna like, this looks far far better i think.. I thought the look before was kinda odd on the door pillar. I shortened the length of the car enough that it would look good and i sharpened the corner of the back window to go along with the door. I added the same kind of plastic you see around the car along the door pillar. This, though its plastic and not painted metal, looks better to me. Fits the era of the car more and adds more depth to the design of the car. Also I added like a pixel line along the bottom of the back window, I dont like how low it sits. Looks really.. Eh.. I hope you like this also, i think this does alot for the car.

3. another one your not going to like but this bothered me, THE MOST.. From the pictures i seen of this car. The height level of the trunk is higher than the hood. NO, just looks oddly proportioned to me. I traced a line of the approximate linage the body should follow. The trunk line(above the taillights) can be curved slightly, but for the layout of the car, i think a less curved trunk looks better.

4. PLLEEASSE i hope you like the taillights i kinda sketched up. I really like this layout to the tail lights for this vehicle. I used black lines just to split them up. These tail lights give the rear end of the car more life. Looks less plain jane and boring. I have an image I'll get to later for the brake/reverse/signal light locations.

5. I seen those hidden fog lights beneath the front bumpers lower trim. Expose them some, give more life to the front of the car and the look better in my opinion. Maybe have the trim outline the fog lights a little bit.

6. This is a bigg. With relation to 3, I cut the the height of the rear roof line down to a more realistic MUCH better looking location. In proportions, the hood matches up with the trunk in height better. My biggest problem with this car is how much quarter panel surface it had. It kinda stretched the car out too much to me. Thats why I shrunk it down some. Please if you have the time do some adjustments to the model and see how it looks. I think it looks much better like this in my opinion.

7. tail light layout!! Alright what you see is the taillight off a 2000 honda civic SiR. If you look at its design and my trace on the tail lights on the 200BX you notice something, very very similar. I didnt want to try and change the color of the 200bx's tailights in paint to that layout because it would have looked like crap. But yes I think the white lenses for the reverse and signal light would look good. It would also make it look a little less like its counter part, the 240sx.. But it gives this car some originality. By the way, the reverse light is the left white light, and the signal is the right. If someone could take this sketched up image i made and put the colors and such on the 200BX tail lights it would get my point across much better i think.

Now guys, I went through this trouble because I love this game and i see some adjustments that can be made. I'm not dissing Gabe's 200BX at all, actually I love it to death but I seen plenty of opportunities to make it look a lot better. And a reminder, everything i did was how i thought it should look. My opinion. I'm not forcing my design i just think it would help. I really hope Gabe will read this and make a seperate model with my adjustments and see if he likes it. I think it looks good. I hope you guys do too.

<3 JDMClark

p.s. I'm not a photoshop pro, i done this in microsoft paint...

#115 JDMClark, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  16. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Combine JDMClark's ideas with Brendan's taillights and you've got a winner. At least in my book.

17. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Are my tail lights bad? lol

18. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

No, I just prefer Brendan's ;)

19. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

fixed the trunk some.png

trying to drop the trunk line some. Hard to do with paint but heres a better idea of what i have in my head.

EDIT: added new pic with the plastic on the door between the windows. Also would recommend moving the door handle back like an inch or two if this design was chosen.

#119 JDMClark, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  20. LethalFPS

LethalFPS
    Expand Collapse

Just purchased this game today. I really like this game so far. I'm very excited to play it more. Everything off-road is amazing. And the sports part is definitely getting there. I would really like to see something geared towards drifting in this game. There is a large community of drifters who use racing wheels. I think adding this car with racing parts like racing seats, roll cage, stretched tires, turbo, etc. Would create an even larger target market for this game. I know that takes time, hard work, and money but, I think pushing this car forward would be a great idea. In my opinion. Great work with this game so far! Keep it up!

#120 LethalFPS, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice