On Hold Ibishu Blackfoot ('84-'96 Jeep Cherokee) 1.1

An acceptable equivalent of a box-on-wheels

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

The front fender flares are almost done, I just need to do the bits that tuck into the inner arches, and then they're ready to be fitted.
    Then, I can get the track width to where it should be.
    upload_2018-8-4_9-52-30.png

• Like Like x 10
  2. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Well unfortunately, I've found that keeping the old front suspension setup was a bad idea. It's been causing loads of issues I've said, but I haven't mentioned (although those who tested the betas might have noticed) that there is absolutely no front nosedive whatsoever, whether that's under braking, reversing or cornering hard. This makes any braking extremely annoying, because nosedive shifts the weight of the car to make it stop better, and having none makes the front brakes not only get very hot, but also get very hot.
    That annoying front wheel shake is also because of this setup, and I've found that it isn't because of the steering: It's because there's too many beams holding the axle.
    Here I have the car with both front shocks and springs removed completely:
    upload_2018-8-4_12-53-28.png
    As you can see, It's sitting just below stock height without any kind of suspension, where it should be completely collapsed.
    And even like this, here's the brakes maxed at 40mph:
    upload_2018-8-4_12-55-37.png
    So I'll be completely re-fitting the front axle to the frame, taking out my body flex thing and starting over, which should solve the problem. I'll be looking at similar solid axle setups like the Roamer, Hopper and D-Series for reference on how to attach it, which I didn't do before.

The damper idea did help lessen that shake though, so thanks anyways for that one @atv_123. I'll probably be keeping that anyway, since it would help smooth things out even with the new setup.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

For better simulation of suspension movement such as nosedive and rolling, you might want to impement nodeCoupling/nodeArm and torqueCoupling/torqueArm for your axles (in pressureWheels):

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Well, thanks to @Firepower , we've swapped in the entire front suspension setup from the Hopper and have made it fit.
    (deleted, we figured out the ABS)

#344 atomspeed123, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  5. ford is awsome

ford is awsome
    Expand Collapse

damn i love coming back to the forums after being away for a while seeing how far this mod has come based on when i first saw it and i love seeing jeeps here i myself own a 93 yj but i wish someone would put a 75 f250 in game

• Like Like x 1
  6. ford is awsome

ford is awsome
    Expand Collapse

After testing it id say the Suspension Needs to Be stiffined its so jelly like but its fun

7. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

So much progress man! Amazing job!!! I cant wait for this to be done. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

Any Progress?

9. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Well, you can't have read the post earlier on when I said that 'Progress will be posted as it is made', but that's fine, because I actually have been doing some stuff :p
    I'm working on things at the moment, the interior is actually almost done, but I'll be posting pictures when it is complete.
    You can now paint the vehicle, and it is getting UV maps done, but they aren't finished either.
    The front suspension has been tweaked, and the rear suspension has been completely re-worked to include Hopper rear shocks, but the springs have been adjusted to be more realistic, and compress similarly to the front. It now drives much better.

Drivetrain-wise, me and @Firepower are working on making a selector for the Blackfoot's four wheel drive modes. If we get it to work, there will be a choice of: 2WD, 4-Part Time, 4-Full Time, 4-Low.
    Now, Full and Part time are different because the transfer case is able to split the power between the front and rear axle, so Full-Time can be used all the time without causing more wear than 2WD.
    But that means the transfer case is like an open diff, so if one axle is stuck, it will send the power to the axle with the least resistance, which is where Part-Time comes in. Part-Time locks the axles together for more grip, but is only supposed to be used when the car is very stuck, and needs more grip to all axles. Funnily enough, the Hopper and all other cars with a transfer case in the game have locked transfer cases, meaning that they would wear quite quickly over time, and have to be serviced quite often, which the Blackfoot would not.
    T would be able to 'push the lever forward' and G would 'pull the lever back' to select between ranges. The list I had up there lists the ranges from furthest forward to furthest back on the lever, so you can't accidentally go from 4-Full time or 2WD to 4-Low.

I'll be showing pictures some of this progress when it's finished :D

• Like Like x 6
  10. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

Yeah sorry I didn't see that :p

11. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

ah so youre giving it the np242 tcase option?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Mostly because it's what I have in the Cherokee outside :p

• Like Like x 2
  13. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

my 87 waggy and my girls 01 xj has that 242 but my 97 has the 231 lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so here's the finished dash and all its bits inside the car:
    upload_2018-8-11_22-42-39.png upload_2018-8-11_22-43-11.png
    There are more Ibishu parts in that interior than you might think, from the gear selector (there is a manual one too, don't worry) to the handbrake, switches and even the radio. The seats, which aren't pictured, are from the Hopper in the front and the Covet in the rear - which amazingly, fit perfectly with no adjustment!
    Other interior parts, such as the door cards and other trim pieces have been made, but are not completely finished.

• Like Like x 17
  15. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Thats orgasmic. I think i may need a tissue... or a few.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

You need new pants, here have some Wranglers.
    This totally isn't a Wranglers advertisement.
    Yes it is.
    OT: This mod is actually coming together very well. Could you post the seats @atomspeed123? I am very curious to see.;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I've just quickly finished the support for the rear seats underneath, here they are:
    upload_2018-8-11_23-9-26.png upload_2018-8-11_23-9-56.png
    Although I am thinking of taking the rear headrests out, and only putting them on the higher spec EU RHD models instead like the real car :p

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Tbh, I think the back headrests should be taken off all together as it had none in the Cherokee.

19. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

You're wrong you see!
    On ALL models apart from the Orvis!
    So yeah, they'll probably be taken out for all the others, until the 97+ update comes out with the Orvis (equivalent) having them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Could have ZJ seat swap lol

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice