On Hold Ibishu Blackfoot ('84-'96 Jeep Cherokee) 1.1

An acceptable equivalent of a box-on-wheels

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolemyname

Kolemyname
    Expand Collapse

Idk if someone already asked it, but will there be a hood camera too? :)

#821 Kolemyname, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

You probably already know, but theres no front brakes on the 6-lugs, unless its something on my end

3. Mnky313

Mnky313
    Expand Collapse

I have problems with door textures, on every model, no matter what config, the rear doors bend inwards.

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
    #823 Mnky313, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

That's a very odd bug right there. Does it happen on spawning the vehicle?
    Nobody else, me included, seems to be having such problems.

5. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

How About A Fire Chief Version Of The Blackfoot?

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Kind of a pointless post, but just wanted to share :p

Small size comparison between the B1 & Blackfoot :

And yes, the B1 hasn't been updated since last time, but atv_123 is working on it every day whenever he can

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

How About You Try To Not Capitalise Every Word to say, first of all :p
    But also, that would probably arrive in v2.0 with the rest of the cars. Suspension, as people keep asking about, will come in 1.2 with other fixes.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, that's a Hummer equivalent - so I'd imagine it would be that big lol
    I still think that once it's all together, mine with locking diffs will be able to go almost anywhere that yours can :D

• Like Like x 4
  8. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Uninstall the charger mod by Dean Wang. Sorry if you already did this, I didn't read ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

It sure does, with help of off-road tires it can climb a steep hill even with 4 cylinder engine :)
    screenshot_00075.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. cpufreak101

cpufreak101
    Expand Collapse

wow, i was gone for a week due to life, this is one of the best returning gifts I could have asked for!

• Like Like x 1
  11. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

That much is true. But the current release's wheelbase is actually longer than it should be, and it's about 500kg heavier than it should be as well. So it will be even better in v2 guise.
    Welcome back! I hope you like it, and sorry about the small bugs that have been found, hopefully they shouldn't affect it too badly :p

Before anyone says anything (this might get quoted a few times,) I just wanted to say this.
    The Blackfoot v2 will be an almost complete re-make. It's not going to be out short-term, and it's more of a re-master than a quick update. All models, all JBeams and all textures will be changed and replaced with ones of much higher quality and accuracy.
    Absolutely no corners will be cut with this upcoming version. To avoid complaints and make it more fun to use, it will also arrive with the heavily upvoted Scout (pickup, MJ-Comanche based), all Dynasty (Wagoneer/Briarwood based) and 2-door versions of the vehicle. Numerous off-road parts will also be available with it straight out of the box.

But as you can imagine, all of this will not be fast. @Fenneko may be right in saying it'll be done in 2019, but maybe sooner, maybe later.
    One thing I want to make plain is this, though. Please do not flood this thread with posts saying 'when is it out?' or 'any progress?' - because I only post progress when it's been successfully made.
    And to reply straight away to the 'when is it out' crowd, quoting a well-used phrase from @Sithhy™ - 'It'll be out Soon™'
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, after thinkning about it a little, some of the trims will be given better names.
    Ocean, for example, is out of the window, and Adventure will be renamed Sport, which is what it deserves.

PPS - v2 may come with a shift-on-the-fly system scripted in lua, allowing to shift up and down between 4WD modes while going along, with the push of a 'button' (key).

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm gonna get this question out of the way for anyone that wanted to ask this, will the aftermarket parts come first or will they be included with V2?

13. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Aftermarket bits will come much sooner in update 1.2, along with minor bugfixes

• Like Like x 1
  14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

What about that planned Gladiator-inspired front end swap?

15. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I didn't forget about that, but all custom bodies will come in editions of v2, probably as an addon. There are many ideas for those. Some of which are very performance-focused.

• Like Like x 3
  16. cpufreak101

cpufreak101
    Expand Collapse

well, in fairness you did get this V1 out faster than I expected, and you made pretty rapid progress, so if it takes you until 2019 to do a complete re-make, I can only imagine the level of detail and polish you'll have on it.

and by the way, for the more base models, is there any chance you'll make a version of the dashboard that had the fuel gauge in the place of the Tachometer? the '94 that I had at school had this dash layout. I don't have any pics sadly tho

17. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

You're right, I probably would've got V1 out later if I didn't get as excited and pressured as those who wanted to try it out :p . But that was my fault really. I'm surprised that people are saying the quaility of even V1 is very good, and I suppose it may be, especially seeing as it's my first mod for this game. I guess I don't have much to judge it with.

That was called the basic instument cluster, btw. I would have gotten round to putting it in V1, if I'd made the model better and given it more time. It will be in V2 for sure, as it's a nice touch I think :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Another name it was given was the 'dummy cluster'. All you got was four lights, indicator and high beam warnings, a speedometer/odometer and a fuel gauge - that's it.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Mnky313

Mnky313
    Expand Collapse

It happens when it is spawned usually, sometimes it happens a bit after starting to drive it.

19. cammykool

cammykool
    Expand Collapse

would it be possible to have an option for the post face lift XJ? i have one myself (a White 98) that would be awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Would you consider building a set of rock sliders? i keep smashing the rocker and it makes the doors fly open. I use my real ones so much and they protect the doors and rocker panel. and i use them to pivot my jeep around rocks. heres a pic of my last trip.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice