On Hold Ibishu Blackfoot ('84-'96 Jeep Cherokee) 1.1

An acceptable equivalent of a box-on-wheels

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait for the offroad parts to be added, this thing is already pretty good at crawling, though it bottoms out pretty easy, though once the offroad parts come, itll be amazing. I also agree with bobby, some rocker protectors would be cool
    --- Post updated ---
    mocked up an offroad bumper on this thing, and damn it lookin pretty cool

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

You mustn't have read back lol, though I can't blame you since there are now 43 pages.
    The 97+ models, featuring my 2000 4.0 Orvis Towing Package, will come as a separate addon once Blackfoot V2 is released. This will be among many addons, including ones for configs, body styles (including concepts and other interesting variants, you'll see later on) and engines, possibly sounds too if we can get those together.
    About that... I forgot to mention that I'm going to be making almost every part available in the aftermarket off-road scene for the real XJ onto this car, including off-road bumpers, light grilles, underbody protection, bullbars, rock sliders, roof racks, lightbars.... I could go on :p

• Like Like x 5
  3. joey stewart

joey stewart
    Expand Collapse

any idea or guess when the v2 will be out ? thx

4. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

(called it lol) Quote #1

5. joey stewart

joey stewart
    Expand Collapse

ooooppps sorry bud

6. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

That's ok :p

7. Cacline72

Cacline72
    Expand Collapse

New rims have been installed at last!

Attached Files:

• IMG_0769.jpg
    • IMG_0770.jpg
    • IMG_0771.jpg
    • Like Like x 10
  8. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I think it looks much better.
    On the subject of wheels though, V2 will probably have the car's own custom wheels rather than using altered Ibishu ones, because the current ones (apart from the GP steelies) look a bit out of place.
    The 97+ will probably have its own too.
    All of them will be 5-lug though, so you'll be able to use them on anything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cacline72

Cacline72
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Still needs new lugs though, those are still the ones used on the Ford rims and aren't made to be exposed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

I remember you said something about making quick jbeam offroad and race suspension, just cant remember where you said when itll be out. Is that gonna be pre 2.0 or in 2.0

11. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Pre. V1.2 will have it with other fixes :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Nice.
    --- Post updated ---
    one more thing, I already saw that you said the race will be customizable, will the offroad be too?

13. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

They will probably have fixed stages of lift, but there might be one with adjustable height and other shock/spring values.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

That would be cool to be able to change it and adjust it, but if its too much work fixed stages of lift would be fine. You think you could make it be able to lift relatively high? Doesn't need to be insane (unless you want) but I just wanna fit big tires

15. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

could you somehow make the Hopper's lightbar work on the Blackfoot, and add the custom roof rack (the one with the lightbar, spare tire, and box on the top) from the roamer? :p

16. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Do you think we could get trimmed front fenders in one of the upcoming updates, that get cut off at the bottom of the bumper, so we can run the car without the splitter, but still have the fenders. Just a little something to tide us over till the full blown offroad pack, cause I like the fenders, but want just a bit mor clearance. If not that's perfectly fine, but it was just an idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately for those like you, no more mesh work will be done on the old body model while the new one is in development. Also, there won't be an off-road 'pack', it'll be all part of V2 - V1.2 will only include fixes for meshes/part bugs and those suspension parts, but nothing else. We may be jumping straight from 1.2 to 2.0, to be honest.

• Like Like x 5
  18. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Ah ok, that makes sense. Why waste time doing work for the old model, rather than work on the new one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Would you consider building a set of rock sliders? i keep smashing the rocker and it makes the doors fly open. I use my real ones so much and they protect the doors and rocker panel. and i use them to pivot m
    Emigawd! im fangirling so hard

• Like Like x 3
  20. Toyota Ventury

Toyota Ventury
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00005.png

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice