On Hold Ibishu Blackfoot ('84-'96 Jeep Cherokee) 1.1

An acceptable equivalent of a box-on-wheels

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I've got to be honest with this... I'm really frustrated right now, because there are no reference pictures of the car that work - even when the measurements written on them are scaled, they never line up with any of the other perspectives.
    If anyone could find accurate reference images of the front, rear, side and top of the 4-door XJ Cherokee - all part of the same image set (not mix and match between different blueprints), that would be much appreciated; please PM me instead of putting them on this thread.

In the same way though, if anyone has a 1983 through 1996 pre-facelift 4-door Cherokee or 1985 through 1993 Comanche (there have been several people offering to help with things like this,) please let me know if you're interested in providing actual real-life reference images and measurements.
    If you have a modified XJ or MJ, or a 2-door version, then that's welcome too for making some of your parts - but for stock reference, I'm looking for stock or very lightly modified cars (stock bumpers, trim, lift etc)

If you have a 97+ or 1997 through 2001 facelift model, like me - you're welcome to help, but remember that the full MY1984 to 1996 lineup if being done first, then the 97+ models after as a DLC.

Without good reference images, the model for V2 literally can't be made - because I won't be able to tell where to model any of the polygons.

Again, PM me if you're wanting to help with this - you'll be well-credited on release and will probably have your real-life car made available in-game as a thank you... :p

• Informative Informative x 6
  2. cpufreak101

cpufreak101
    Expand Collapse

this happened a year too late for me to be of any help unfortunately, but if I meet anyone with a pre-facelift XJ I'll try to get some pics for ya

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shady Chaos

Shady Chaos
    Expand Collapse

Any plans for Ibishu lettering on the front valace?

4. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

It fits best on the grille, because it's a badge, not lettering. Wouldn't look right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Idk if either of these will help, I also think the second one is post facelift, but I found them so I figured I may as well see if they could serve any help

EDIT: I just saw that you said to pm you sorry, idk how to delete this.

6. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

They are both innacurate and useless, sorry - the bottom one looks nothing like the car (it's not even the 97+ facelift lol), and the top one was used for Blackfoot V1

7. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I figured they weren't going to be too useful but I just figured I would check. I would love to get some irl photos but sadly I cannot, theres only really one xj in my area and its pretty beat up and also far from stock. Also don't know the owner.

8. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to introduce a new dedicated server for the Blackfoot or any kind of Jeep - Blackcord. (click me)
    Feel free to join in if you're interested on getting more regular updates, for example of things that aren't quite finished/ready for the forums yet.
    If you're any kind of Jeep owner, come on in! I'd love to hear what you have, and you'll be able to share your car and its updates all in a server dedicated to Jeeps.
    Ideas and suggestions, bug reports (for Blackfoot versions 2.0, when it comes out, and higher; also any of my future mods) and screenshots are also welcome.
    Instead of PMing me about questions, requests or the recently asked for reference images , you could put them in the server instead if you like.

This could get interesting :p

• Like Like x 4
  9. ford is awsome

ford is awsome
    Expand Collapse

I have info on angles for this not the most scientific test but its what i could do
    approach angle (going up and down) 50 degrees
    Departure angle (going up and down) 40 degrees
    15 degrees of flex (i have no way of finding out inches or i would have said that)
    will flip sidways at 44 degrees
    Do with this info as you want
    also with a tire mod i fit 32''s but it would rub like hell

Attached Files:

• 20180923201031_1.jpg
    • 20180923201023_1.jpg
  10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Have you maybe used the Angle Tester (or w/e was the name) to get those angles? If not, then you could try to get more specific ones :)

11. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

All of these angles are void, because the car was not modelled to accurate dimensions.
    V2 will be factory accurate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

I have an 87, 97, 01, and just picked up a 92. let me know what you need

13. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Any pre-96 should do for now. PM me or join the discord and we'll talk more about it :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shady Chaos

Shady Chaos
    Expand Collapse

Will v2 have liftable suspension?

15. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Hes already covered it before but ill just put it here
    Last I heard 1.2 will have some sort of race and lift suspension that may be adjustable, 2.0 will have all sorts of axle options and also in depth tuning and all that jazz.
    Hope this helps.

16. Jake Sousa

Jake Sousa
    Expand Collapse

if you change the front wheel hubs to 6-lug, you lose the brakes.

17. Shady Chaos

Shady Chaos
    Expand Collapse

Thx I should've dug lol.

18. EliasDS

EliasDS
    Expand Collapse

Your mod is the best ! I like the original 2.5 vm diesel so much. And the torque with the T600 turbo !
    Can you make the sound of the diesel more like the real sound ? because now it sounds a little bit strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Better sounds will come as an update for V2, if enough people are able to get me good enough sound samples from either existing footage/their own cars.
    I might even sample my own. Though it might be a bit different, because I've got a newer type of 4.0 with a better intake, cylinder head, air piping and coil-on-plug systems instead of a distributor. However, it has the stock exhaust.
    --- Post updated ---
    I am also currently waiting on some reference pictures, which @Capkirk is helping me with - but he himself isn't getting them; I can't say too much unless it doesn't end up happening.
    All I can say is that these reference pictures will be more accurate than any other.

In the meantime, no progress has been made - just working on fixes for a few things on the current car, all mentioned ones to do with suspension and drivetrain have been fixed so far, and aftermarket suspension is being added now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. EliasDS

EliasDS
    Expand Collapse

Okay cool ! thanks for the response

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice