1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Ibishu Hopper

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 4, 2016.

1. sunbartmania

sunbartmania
    Expand Collapse

But the hopper is so dang close to a real life equivalent

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's part of the rules in the Content Created by BeamNG threads to not make posts about the real life equivalent. That's there because people arguing about what it looks like is extremely annoying because it's the same thing over and over

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Are gray or chrome variants of the STX wheels a possibility for the Hopper?

These wheels found their way onto Nissan Pathfinders and Pickups between '89-'97, and somewhat similar wheels were affixed to Toyota 4runners from '85 on. It's a part that wouldn't look out of place on most any 4x4 manufactured between the early eighties and late nineties. Lookalikes continue to find their way onto trailers right up until the present day.

As an added bonus, no new meshes would have to be made - just retexture an existing one and go!

Photo retrieved Here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that happens sometime, even if it is a mod. I think steelies look a ton better than all the pavement princess rubbish you see these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

I think, they did something with those grey ETK F13 alloys, they were white before the release of the I series. Maybe they do the same with the white STX rims, for whatever reason.
    or they add a third color

6. sunbartmania

sunbartmania
    Expand Collapse

but thats social media for you. and on the internet social media is king

7. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What's your point? It's in the rules. Please follow them. It doesn't matter what the rest of the internet does. If there's a rule against it here, don't do it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. sunbartmania

sunbartmania
    Expand Collapse

So your point is to be like a slave to the rules? like if there was a rule not to talk about the cars on the games you expect us to follow it? Have you even seen the pages of what it looks like and the arguments? yet your saying that to me and not the 20+ users who where doing it before me? it makes absolut no sense. so yeah mr.police man give me a ticket. im still aint paying it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Follow the rules, newbie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Please, keep fighting. It's the most exciting thing to happen here in a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

i'm so excited to use the Hopper! Offroading in East coast USA will be even better!

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. sunbartmania

sunbartmania
    Expand Collapse

see this is why we cant focus on the main topic cause everyone is calling one another this and that. GOD DANG people the hopper is basically what this forum is about! oh yeah about the newbie thing. i bought the game before the sunburst was introduced but i made an account the other day so i could countinue to the conversation. mather of fact the last few pages of this forum includes nothing but oh its a jeep and oh its a jeep look alike. yet when i say what it looks like the internet cougars pounce on me like im thier dinner.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Carlover0529

Carlover0529
    Expand Collapse

1.) Just because others do it doesn't mean you should too. 2.) Clearly, it is against the forum rules to make it into a "this looks like, that looks like" so why are you surprised that people are telling you to stop doing it?

If it's against the forum rules, regardless of what others are doing, it doesn't make sense to do it and when you do break the rules don't be surprised when people call you out for it. Pretty basic stuff...

14. sunbartmania

sunbartmania
    Expand Collapse

so why not tell all of them too?

15. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Are you excited for the Hopper? I can't wait for one of the new maps to come out so I can offroad on them too!

16. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

im more excited for a new map than the hopper personally. but the hopper will be one of my favourite vehicles when it comes out. its just so unique and special.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

1. Slave to the rules? Oh come on man it's an rule against something that annoy some users and not some useless thing.
    2. Of course I wouldn't want to follow an rule banning talking about the game cause that rule wouldn't make sense to have. There would be no good reason to have that rule. An rule against arguing over what an car an fictional car is based off does have an basis though. It's there because some people get annoyed over it.
    3. The first few pages of this thread indeed had a lot of discussion over what it's based on and that kinda stuff. Those messages were also pointed out by users who got annoyed by it.

On topic:
    That's what I like about the hopper. It's different from the other current (and concept) cars that we have. It's in it's own category.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I'm anticipating the Hopper more than I am the D-Series Crew Cab, WCA, and Italy combined, since we don't have any compact SUVs like the Hopper, even as a mod. So I'm going to be massively disappointed if the Hopper is not part of the next update.

The Hopper was officially announced on November 3rd, and a screenshot surfaced a few days before on October 31st, so who knows how long the devs had been working on it before that. I know nothing about what goes on during the development of a new vehicle, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that it had already been a few months since they started work on the Hopper when Gabester uploaded the first screenshot on October 31st.

I understand the case with 0.8, since the Hopper may have not been ready then, and the LeGran was part of 0.8 anyway, so it'd be enough to keep us satisfied until the Hopper is ready. But, whatever update comes next, whether it be 0.8.0.2 or even 0.9, I think they would've had just about enough time to get it ready. So it will be very disappointing if we are forced to wait another few more months for the update after the next one.

19. sunbartmania

sunbartmania
    Expand Collapse

yes
    --- Post updated ---
    1. yet alot of people are telling me.
    2.you got my point
    3. i think that we can all agree on that
    --- Post updated ---
    whats wca?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Funny thing is that I was drawing attention away from the fight and calmly brought it back on topic. Have fun y'all

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice