1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Ibishu Hopper

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I'm making this the moment it's released:
    IbishuHopperJR.png
    Meant to make the top beige but left it dark gray.

Some Godzilla related ones will come after, one being the GGrasper skin from the Covet.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

IbishuHopperRusty.png

How could I forget a David Tracy Special?

• Like Like x 1
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm back again with Emergency & Utility skins for the Hopper this time around:

IbishuHopperRanger.png

With WCUSA including a redwood forest, it may be high time for a park ranger to make an appearance in Beamng. The above livery is lifted from vehicles belonging to the U.S. Forest Service.

IbishuHopperBorderPatrol.png IbishuHopperCoastguard.png
    The Hopper may appear with Border Patrol or Coast Guard liveries, with the latter being a particularly good match with Jungle Rock Island.

The trouble is, since all of the above are Federal U.S. government agencies a Japanese vehicle may not be a realistic choice, since most governments tend to purchase domestic vehicles unless there are no domestic manufacturers producing a suitable product.

Local government, however, is slightly more likely to acquire foreign vehicles if they can get a good product with all necessary equipment:

IbishuHopperFire.png
    The Hopper would certainly fit in as Beamng's third firefighting vehicle, being especially well-suited to search & rescue duties. I'd also like to go on record as someone who hopes that the "Beam County" logos are eventually phased out in favor of something else.

IbishuHopperSheriff.png
    Despite having only two doors, Jeep CJs and Wranglers have semi-consistently found their way into rural police work, so I'm going to add this one in here.

IbishuHopperConstruction.png
    Lastly, the Hopper's off-road capabilities would lend themselves well to work on large construction or mining sites. The Toyota Land cruiser has found its way into mines even in locales where it is impossible to acquire on the civilian market, so there is a very good chance we may see a plain white Hopper with red & white striped bumpers released alongside the Italy map.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly one of the skins I plan to do. Though to save me time, I'd transfer the D-Series' skin to it, like I did with the ETK I-Series and the Grand Marshal to make the I-Series a Rapid Taxi.

5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

In all honesty, the image above is the skin from the D-series applied to the template I made for the Hopper. I should probably have changed the ID number, but I don't think that matters as much when its just a mockup.

I'm getting better at navigating the game files, but I'm still having trouble writing the code I need to make a skin appear in-game. If I can figure it out, I may very well be making some of these myself!

6. MeatMystery

MeatMystery
    Expand Collapse

I sure hope the Hopper is able to disturb the D-Series' off road variants, I believe it will be able to with it's short wheelbase.

7. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I really hope that hopper off-road variant will be much more off-road capable than d series pig.

8. Viewer

Viewer
    Expand Collapse

I haven't played BeamNG in a while so I haven't seen any dev posts or progress. But now I see! This Hopper is cool

9. pippoose14 2

pippoose14 2
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Will there be multiple generations of this car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You know, with the fact that this thing has a wide range of when it was built, probably like the Moonhawk, mild facelifts as configs, probably not like the Pessima though.

11. Clorox BIeach

Clorox BIeach
    Expand Collapse

maybe....but the toyota j40 or how it was called has multiple generations so it could be possible to have more than just facelifts

12. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Holy crap, this is nice. 'Bout time we get a Jeep in here. Beforehand, I've always had to try my best to customize the D-Series and Roamer to mimic the looks of a Jeep, but not anymore.

Do you know what version it will be released to? Like 0.8.1 or something?

13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

0.9 will be the next update, and it is confirmed to be in it by gabester

14. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The devs confirmed 0.9 a while ago.

16. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

tdev confirmed 0.8.1 not too long ago

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Post?

18. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

19. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

anyone know what the hoppers wheels are called?

20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice