1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Ibishu Hopper

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 4, 2016.

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but I don't think it was meant to be like a kei truck.

2. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

My only request, and I think it's reasonably reasonable, is some new wheel designs. Its alllllllll about the wheels. I like being able to change things up with different factory wheels, and I think that the Hopper is in need of some new ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeadlightsThePerson

HeadlightsThePerson
    Expand Collapse

How about a mail hopper? Like this:

upload_2020-9-16_16-8-16.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

If we want to keep this "realistic" then it would just be a RHD conversion with some interior changes and a livery. This is what Jeep did with XJ/TJ/JK models used by the USPS. If we ever get a JDM Hopper then we would need the RHD conversion anyway.

I guess there is nothing stopping anyone from making a 1990's adaptation of the Jeep DJ, but I don't think such a model year mash up would make sense officially.

Speaking of gov't conversions.... We have the LTRV Marauder, how about a military Hopper a la M-240 Storm?

• Like Like x 2
  5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the pigeon is already RHD, and cinsidering it's cheap, and the 3 wheels wouldn't hinder it at the low speeds of mail duty, i think they should just make a mail pigeon.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rubidium

Rubidium
    Expand Collapse

It would be funny to have a messenger pigeon indeed.

• Agree Agree x 12
  7. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

When the derby config for the Hopper eventually comes out, can it be called The Hopless? It's a play on "hopeless" (fits in with other derby configs), "Hopper", and "topless" (the derby variant would likely have no roof).

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I find it bizzare that the hopper has both the sport special and dune edition, 2 separate configs with identical performance, and essentially only a hard/soft top and colour scheme separating them.
    I wonder if there was ever a plan to add a sort of facelift or tacky bodykit, akin to a J70 prado or YJ Renegade, in order to separate the two?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Actually they both have a soft top, the only differences are the paintjob, interior colors, wheels (not tires though) and brakes. I think the Sport Special is like a special edition of the Dune Edition, like the Covet has GTz and GTz Special Edition with the only difference being the aesthetics. Ibishu was just like "Everyone look, we made a sport Hopper, it's a revolution, buy it now!!" while in reality it's just a repainted desert spec with sportier looking wheels lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. klustertruck

klustertruck
    Expand Collapse

Why is the Hopper carbureted instead of having EFI, considering how heavily it's based off of the TJ Wrangler?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

early ibishu engines I guess. iirc it has some fuel injected variants, not sure tho

12. klustertruck

klustertruck
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure the Hoppers are all carbureted. Even the earliest TJ's had EFI. The last Wrangler to be carbureted was the YJ (1987-1995), which is odd because the Hopper seems to stick quite closely to the TJ (1997-2006) in nearly all other design aspects.

13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The Hopper is Japanese, and it doesn't have to be an exact copy of any existing car, especially an American one.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. klustertruck

klustertruck
    Expand Collapse

I'm not saying it should have been or needs to be not carbureted, I was just curious why the deviation from its inspiration. From owning two TJ's and working on them inside and out, I can tell you the Hopper very nearly is an exact copy of the TJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

considering the whole situation with the pigeon and bumpers and beds and whatnot, i wouldn't put it behind the beam devs to go a bit on the "wild side" and deviate from what would be expected irl

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

even if you look at japanese counterparts, such as the J70 toyota land cruiser, by 1985 it had the 3F-E engine, which was fuel injected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

There is model year overlap between the Hopper and the YJ however, so maybe they thought they should include a carbureted engine as a nod to that. No idea why it's used for *everything* though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure someday we will see a facelift since it would be quick to add, maybe we will see this sorted out then

19. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see a 4-door Hopper. Because it would be a more practical Hopper.

#699 Monkeyswetz, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  20. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

I've been hoping for this too. I'd love to see something like that Land Cruiser, and the Wrangler lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice