Ideas for a map! VOTE FOR A NEW MAP

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by DoullPepper, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Vote for your next map!

1. A city with old and new buildings

27.0%
  2. A map like Highway 101 along the Lake Crescent area in WA State

28.4%
  3. A national road in european country through forests, fields, little villages

48.4%
  4. A rally map like " Baja 1000 / Paris-Dakar"

17.2%
  5. A post-apocalypse map like " Mad Max/ Fallout "

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hello all!

I want to check if there is a trend to create a new map or many maps.

Please post here your ideas but please add a good reflection before post a reply!:)

I do that not only for me but for other modders too and maybe Devs?? Also after analyze this thread we should, with other modders, divide some ideas to make different maps for the future...?(I don't know if it is possible but I try!:p)

• Like Like x 10
  2. NastyFreestyler

NastyFreestyler
    Expand Collapse

I think you should try a very large map based in Tibet.

3. QuantumDotGuy

QuantumDotGuy
    Expand Collapse

Seward Highway in Alaska (the coastal section between Girdwood and Anchorage) would make for some spectacular police chases and races. Given how notorious the road already is, I think it deserves a place in BeamNG.

• Like Like x 4
  4. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

How about a Flatout UC stunt style map, or a flatout UC City map?

5. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Or maybe a racetrack:rolleyes:

6. schumacher

schumacher
    Expand Collapse

I have thought of a map through an oil field in the USA , I also wanted to make a map like this but I failed ..:(

• Like Like x 1
  7. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

I think this kind of map would be cool
    image1.jpg image3.jpg image2.jpg picks from ac

• Like Like x 5
  8. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

I'll just go to town here and throw out a few ideas.

A city.
    Not just a grid with buildings in between, but one that reflects the history that all cities have. It may have already been a city before there were cars, and they almost always start as a town that isn't designed for heavy traffic. The street layout will reflect that. The grid streets are usually after the fact. and built away from "old-town". Most cities are near a large water source for trade. If it was a large river, there is always a large bridge to connect the two sides of it.

A west coast town.
    Something off the beaten path with a ground level highway to feed it on it's way by, up and down the coast (HWY101-esque). Established around a river with roads that trail up it into the mountains and eventually turn to one lane, then one dirt lane. The most remote roads would be good for mud holes and muddy offroading. I live in a middle west coast town that is away from large cities and I've always wanted to see that kind of environment in beam. This idea is more than a personal desire to get a "hometown map", I'm suggesting it because it will provide more variety.

A mountainous area.
    It wouldn't have to be out in the middle of nowhere necessarily, it could be a Mulholland drive kinda thing, or even better, a japanese map out in the more rural areas with well maintained roads. Primarily made for good scenic driving with lots of turns, but not so windy that you couldn't go fast. Something that everyone wants to drive a sportscar on.

A cold map.
    Snowy and icy. Mountainous would be fine, as would something from the midwestern US during winter. Canada would make sense for this kind of map as well.

A town map in Europe.
    Tight twisty roads in the town that were clearly originally built for wagons and foot traffic, with a sharply contrasting high speed multi-lane freeway that cuts past it.

A summer time midwest map.
    Straight roads between farmland and a small town to provide supplies for the farmers. Lots of big fertile fields with dirt roads between.

EDIT: Thought of another one.
    A paved desert road in a non-American country.
    Freshly paved right on the dunes with unyielding gust of sand gently dusting the road. A small town would be near by with poorly maintained roads that are there more for foot traffic than cars, though they are large enough to allow one to pass. A small man made oasis that supports the towns people is the centerpiece of the village. The surrounding environment would have lots of dunes to drive on and the road itself would be great for fast two lane driving. A road suitable for dakar rally would be featured somewhere near mountains but not in them. This would contrast utah because it would be more remote and in an actual full-on desert. Close enough to a city to justify the paved road, but not close enough to be included in the sprawl or prosperity of the city. America is largely too populated and developed even in rural areas to work well for this one, so I see it more in a middle eastern country.

Coupled with the maps that we already have, I think that those suggestions would add a bunch of variety to the game.

#8 speednsnake, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

A map centered around a large mountain lake with lots of varied elevation gain, clear blue water, Cliffside and
    cambered road, snow capped peaks and awesome trees......oh imagine that, just like Going To The Sun
    Road in Glacier National Park in Montana:cool:.
    images0KDT14O3.jpg imagesTMWIJ9J4.jpg
    images2IJS2LHD.jpg images13N6YRFG.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  10. TheNodeMaster

TheNodeMaster
    Expand Collapse

Possibly a small countryside city
    Or some sort of agricultural area

• Like Like x 2
  11. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I will add a poll with a vote when there will be a lot of same ideas.:)

• Like Like x 5
  12. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

the place isn't important, if the landscape is new and beautifull, and if it offers varied gameplays
    me too i search. swamps, stone-pit(carrière), sea side (dunes and pines forest (as in the southwest of the france) or the Greek coast with its white houses), a gorge/canyon/groove at the bottom of which flows a torrent, an atoll , a famous place, etc etc

• Like Like x 3
  13. QuantumDotGuy

QuantumDotGuy
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  14. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Something like a village with countryroads, cornfields located in Eastern Europe would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

16. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

17. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

Amusement park based map. Now that would be awesome.

18. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Like a Chernobyl-inspired map?

• Like Like x 2
  19. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

Maybe.

20. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I am making a map that is in the countryside but is a suburb of a city.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice