Imagine... One central "Will this run BeamNG" thread

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by bauto601, Dec 2, 2016.

1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Its should run it at max settings 1080p, 60 fps. BTW, your keyboard/mouse won't increase performance, it's just aesthetic. So no need to include that.

Wait for zen. If not, a newish OCed FX should get a few cars running.

2. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to finally buy a gaming computer that has the necessary equipment to run Beamng effectively. Problem is I'm not a computer guy, or don't have the tech smarts to build one from scratch. I plan on just buying a gaming computer and need some assistance in buying the perfect computer that will run this (and other) games well.

Ideally, I want to be able to run Beamng with relatively great FPS and not have it drop significantly when multiple cars are in game.

My budget is $1,000 as I still need to save some $ for a quality monitor (If you can help me find a monitor that comes along with the CPU, that would be greatly appreciated.

Here's one CPU I found for sale that seems to have some good specs. What do you think?

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/prod...ven1=suwjVUiat&ven2=,&ven3=875903601009392234

Computer: Alienware Aurora
    Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 with 8GB GDDR5
    Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core I5-7400 (4 cores, 6MB Cache, Turbo boost 2.0, up to 3.5 mhz)
    Memory: 8GB DDR4 @ 2400 Ghz: up to 64GB
    Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM 6GB/s

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Will this run BeamNG at Low settings @60fps (or 30 i don't mind)
    CPU:Core i7 7500U
    GPU:Intel HD 620
    RAM:8GB
    (will it run? i am thinking of selling my gaming rig to maybe play on that 2 in 1 -obviously no triple A games-)
    --- Post updated ---
    I do strongly recommend you learn how to build a computer, it isn't that hard, its the adult equivalent of LEGO (expensive lego).
    oh and wait for RYZEN 5 to be announced, it will undercut Intel again

4. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pjtnCy
    Yes it's 65USD more than this alienware and it didn't include operating system but it's way way way faster than it too, you'll max out every single game in 1080p with +60FPS (BeamNG too), good PC for 1440p so it's worth it, if you can't pay this much going for AMD MSI Gaming RX 480 8GB will save you 140USD and it still will be better that this alienware. Anyway there's RYZEN on horizon so I'd wait for Intel response to AMD CPUs, there maybe some price cutoffs and Nvidias's 1080Ti just have been shown and 1080 price went down so maybe 1070 will go down too, I'd wait a few weeks ;)

CPU and RAM will handle it fine, not sure about iGPU, it handles playable framerate in GTA V on 720p at lowest setting so it should handle BeamNG on low-medium at 720p too
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ7bXZAJpeOU9eTgo5ET8hA/search?query=7500u
    ^here's a lot of games playing on HD 620 of i3 7100U - should work even better on that laptop as it's i7 ;)

5. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I'd recommend downgrading your CPU to an i5-7600 and getting a GPU. Even an RX 460 is much better than an iGPU.
    Oh wait. The U suffix means laptop chip. It will be perfect for content creation, but gaming on lowest.
    --- Post updated ---
    Why would you sell your gaming Rig? Content creation purposes or school? If school, there are 200 dollar chromebook that are perfectly fine. If content creation, just upgrade your CPU.

6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

well honestly i dont know, that ASUS Transformer 3 Pro has support for an external GPU (thunderbolt 3) so i will keep the GPU from my PC and sell the rest because the tablet i have are quite bad, like Intel Atom, they are fine but not able to run beamng. My parents are divorced and if i want to do video editing then i cant really on an intel atom (havent tried but i dont really want to :p) since moving "ship" is quite hard considering when i built my PC i just went full size ATX (to keep cost low) so it is massive, and heavy because it is stuffed full of drives :p. but i am not sure if i should wait for ZEN to hit notebooks, i dont think there is much improvement to be done where there is only 15 watts for both the iGPU and CPU.

7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

You know eGPUs have a severe performance loss, right? Unless you travel a lot, it's not worth it.

8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

no, not really anyway, on external monitor its only about 10-15% (20-25% on internal monitor)
    --- Post updated ---
    although i think you are right, i might save up and whilst i am saving up AMD Zen APUs might come out and be interesting.

9. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for replying. All those parts fit in below my budget so I'm considering buying into this. But if RYZEN is on the horizon (and from what I've heard its very good) I may have to test my patience and wait those few weeks. Have a few friends who are PC Gamers that can probably assist me in building it. The problem is coming up with the time to attempt building a CPU lol

When is RYZEN expected to be released?

10. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

The high-end models release date is 2nd march (today for me), mid range models 2nd Quater of 2017, low-end in 2nd Half of 2017. But this High-end CPUs are pricey, well... not that much for what's inside compared to Intels equivalent but the price range is 500-329USD for 8 cores 16threads processors (most common i7s are 4cores 8threads, i5s are 4cores 4threads). But still, we need to wait few hours to see non AMD tests, and performance in games and if it have some major issues - this architecture is in "newborn age" so it may have some.

11. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Just going to point out how well optimized beamng has become. I get around 28 fps average with my athlon 64 x2 5400+ and 7790, with nearly med-high graphics on utah.

12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You can get faster performance with overclocked i5 Kaby Lake if few vehicles is enough for you, but if you want to make renders for example and few vehicles is not enough for you, then that is very good in my eyes.

How do you plan to cool that CPU? I saw clip that had some overclocking 1800X, it had water cooling and temps got to 80C, so some good cooler might be good idea as some overclocking might be needed to get single core performance improved.

14. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

The stock cooler seems to be okayish, so i keep that until there are more coolers available here.
    According to https://tweakers.net/categorie/488/...bLzClJLSpWsqpWMrawAFFliTlKVtFKhgYmpsZKsbW1tQA there arent many coolers available here :/
    And yes, I am planning to use it as a gaming and working rig.

15. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

If it isn't too expensive, HP Phoenix Envy with an HP Pavillion monitor.

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This board might be worth to look into before ordering Ryzen to make sure it really is what you want, what I'm seeing is that there is some issues with performance and some think that Win10 patch might fix those, disabling cores seems to improve performance as it is now, I would recommend to wait and see it mature a bit:
    https://hardforum.com/forums/amd-processors.6/

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Mr.Krazy

Mr.Krazy
    Expand Collapse

19. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

20. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice