Importing hightmaps into 0.3.7.6

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by f1proracer, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Okay so Fundadors tutorial is out the window. It appears the "new level" step gives a resource load fail on [tools/levels/BlankRoom.mis.decals]
    and then instantly crashes to desktop. Anyone else getting this?

2. sketchy_b

sketchy_b
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't getting a crash to desktop but the save just didn't seem to do anything it greyed out the save button but didn't acctually create files anywhere.

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I've been creeping along step by step with GridMap as the starting base map. As I do this I keep the cache open and watch it modify real time. It appears the
    .ter is the only thing changing as I add things like textures, groundcovers etc. That current real time cache is what the terrain file uses to keep the level
    current and as long as the cache isn't deleted my level will re-load with the changes. The .ter file in the levels folder AFAIK does not update and is used
    when the cache is deleted.

My next step is to copy the modified cache file in documents to the level .ter as Slayersen said, and see if the level will stay updated after deleting the
    cache.

I still can't re-name certain GridMap files to my levels name because it causes all sorts of freaky crap in the main level selector and causes the grey
    screen of death.

4. f1proracer

f1proracer
    Expand Collapse

Hey could you tell me what you mean my renaming? Which files specifically did you have to copy and rename? If you could help that would be great.

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I think he's referencing the level name in the main map .mis. This will change over the level name in the level selector screen. I've haven't been
    able to master the re-naming bit and have yet to get it to stick all the way through like in older builds. I can get a preview and the level selector
    to show a new level properly but it still wants the .ter, basetex, decals, etc to be "gridmap". Change those and the level selector screen for that
    level goes grey. Something to do with the cache/filepath in experimental.

Go into the main .mis file( GridMap.mis etc. ), and locate the level name line, change to what you want and save. Open Beam and your level should
    now be called what you changed it to.

6. f1proracer

f1proracer
    Expand Collapse

Hey all here is a good tutorial on how to make a level in the most recent update

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Did it help you with your issues? I won't be able to check it out for awhile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice