WIP improved 1980-1986 ford bronco HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Land' started by JBatic, Mar 21, 2016.

?

should I use Lbeam tires or pressurewheels

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Lbeam

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Pressurewheels

87 vote(s)
    85.3%
  3. hi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I've thought about it but not right now because I have already put a bunch of work in it to be correct but if I can figure out blender I might try to make something

2. ford is awsome

ford is awsome
    Expand Collapse

hey j i thought of a name if you wanted to add the bronco to the Gavril Family you could call it the Gavril Stallion

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

could someone please direct me to the most up to date version of this please?

4. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

already is in first post I am having some serious difficulties with suspension the stock one explodes(front and rear) and d series rear suspension isn't working at all, front works fine

5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

just got the d series rear suspension to work but it also explodes :confused:

6. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Because of body Jbeam....
    The jbeam and the suspension is too different in game version so as a result, the suspension blows up

7. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

so stuff doesn't attach properly?

8. Car Crusher Creative

Car Crusher Creative
    Expand Collapse

We don't want to look bad though....

9. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yes

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

guess its back to square one then

11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

sorry guys but I am sticking this on hold for now because I cant do suspension. If anyone is willing to fix it pm me and I will send you the files. If it helps I was told that something is wrong with the hub structure.

12. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  13. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

ask @Atomix
    --- Post updated ---
    hel know

14. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

he likely won't respond

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CanadianGrizzlyBear

CanadianGrizzlyBear
    Expand Collapse

BuMp.
    I was the dude who was supposed to make a trailer for this, but then I fell off the face of the planet for a few months.
    Are you still working on this one?

16. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

hows it going so far

17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I know this is 6 months ago, however, I know an answer. Just saw this when someone bumped the thread.
    The hub structure changed in 0.9.x - this is what they're talking about. It broke lots of old mods.
    I am sure SOMEONE can stick D-series hubs on here, without too much ado (though admittedly, I am anything but god at car modding, and would only make a Chris-worthy MESS out of it if I tried).

If you know enough to recognize the hub structure in jbeam files, maybe you could do this up, as I mentioned above by copying parts out of the D-series (as a bronco was fullsize pickup based, and a bronco II was ranger-based like the explorer 1st and 2nd gen).

Edit: you should post the old files here for people to grab and look at. Maybe I'll figure out what I am doing one day.

P.S. I am partial to old Fords, we ran a lot of them (85~mid 90s) at my late father's concrete construction company. Nothing outlasted the Fords but the Chevy's came close (short of the doors falling off - hinge bushings - and the suspension idler/pitman arms wearing out, ball joints, which would in-turn wear the tires unevenly, and the steering had lots of play etc). The Dodge pickups couldn't even come close. We couldn't get 80,000 miles out of the 98 Dodge without needing half the suspension replaced, and many parts under the hood, the 03 went through two transmissions before 36,000 miles (Cummins diesel). Absolute junk.
    So yes, I love my old Fords. Could service most the whole truck (if not the whole truck entirely) with a pocket of tools, even if you were wearing 'nut-hugger jeans' as the young-in's call them today.
    300 straight 6 not running right, get out a regular screwdriver and go adjust that carb :)

#397 bob.blunderton, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

He's got more issues than the hubs. The entire suspension likes to float around like it's completely broken, honestly the whole suspension would have to be redone regardless, the JBeams in this are way to old to work in newer versions of BeamNG.

I am working with @JBatic , I just need some time where I am not working on my own mod projects so I can fully take a look at the ins and outs of this mod, and see if I can't fix the numerous JBeam issues in the suspension.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

once the suspension is fixed I can fix a few other things like the cab not having a full floor since I can properly test them

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CanadianGrizzlyBear

CanadianGrizzlyBear
    Expand Collapse

Sorry that I can't help with the suspension, but here you go.
    (If you can't see the video when you look for it, try again later. I have just started uploading at the time of this post.)

Update: it's live.

#400 CanadianGrizzlyBear, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice