WIP improved 1980-1986 ford bronco HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Land' started by JBatic, Mar 21, 2016.

?

should I use Lbeam tires or pressurewheels

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Lbeam

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Pressurewheels

87 vote(s)
    85.3%
  3. hi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

man oh man, I got it..

Here you go @JBatic

hours and hours of trying to figure out why engine tuning was not working..

EDIT

Updated file with HO torque curve (made in automation.)

Attached Files:

#61 Josh, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Hello !

I already seen this rusian Mod before, and He wasn't to bad already ! want to donwload it but People give you so many files than I don't which is the last version of the bronco ! What is the good version ? (the last ?)

3. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Download the version I uploaded few posts back. (its the current version as of right now.)

4. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

this one ? :
    Sans vvtitrafe 1.jpg

5. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

no post #49 page 3.
    --- Post updated ---
    Changed "driveshaft F" to "transfer case" if you guys want me to upload the updated zip with my changes let me know.

6. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Ok thanks

7. Arioh

Arioh
    Expand Collapse

Nice work on Bronco. I will look forward to see how it slowly being upgraded.
    Daamn, wish that one of my favorite Russian mods got such love and upgrates :)

8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Please do. I may not get time to work on this for a little while do to Easter and school. I may get to work on this tomorrow but I really don't know.
    --- Post updated ---
    I was working on this for a wile until I got to the point that It needed more than I can do. Where did you get that skin for it? the one on world of mods is red with the Confederate flag on the hood witch is the skin that the player uses. for some reason the damaged textures don't work like on yours.
    my version default.png

9. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

diffrent mod, the roof

10. Arioh

Arioh
    Expand Collapse

Initially my grinder was same as yours, but i replaced skin with one that AI used, damaged version (its fits best to the car ), wich I took from unpacked archives from mine Flatout UC game. Edited a little (japan numberplate). Aslo i tried to do some small touches on that nice mod too - when sergouil-delta88 explained me how to use old mods with current version of BNG and i gived it proper info screen with few drivetrain configuration:

Renamed properly all parts, so it didnt says Gavril Grand Marshal (yes, this car is builded on Marshal J-beam) and gived in J-beam files all proper autor descriptions.

And despire it based on Marshal J-beam, it deformes quite well, because of decently fitted J-beam (at my opinion)

Its fun car to crash, mainly because of ton parts to fall off.... and when sway bar removed from suspension, car handling becomesvery fitting to it's apprearance -giant body roll, wonky steering :), making it so fun to drive around and try to not crash...

If anyone interested - i can share my edits of this vehicle

#70 Arioh, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  11. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

As a big fan of anything Bugbear, I would be quite interested. I'm currently trying to add the wrecked skin to it, as a customization.

12. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Here is my current zip with changes I made.

(also contains all previous updates in this thread)
    • Added 400M Engine (torque curve) as default engine (created in automation)
    • Added 400M HO Engine (torque curve) (engine tuning option) (created in automation)
    • Renamed "Driveshaft_F" to transfer case
    • Added C4 3 Speed Automatic

Attached Files:

#72 Josh, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Arioh

Arioh
    Expand Collapse

Here you go. That old Grinder mod. Attached archive contains 2 archive wich can be putted in mods/vehicles folder - one (Pontiac_firebird.zip) is original archive, repacked to work with current BNG, and second (Flatout Grinder.zip) is my edits to it.
    Pro's and Con's of that mod
    + alot of part to fall from car in crashes
    + decent J-beam for Russian mod
    + switchable drivetrain layout (can be awd, rwd, or fwd)
    - mod is ooold, so no thermal simulation, no fire, no presure wheels...
    - sometimes spiking can happens in hard crashes
    - suspension is rather weak and prone to fail quickly

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  14. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Thanks
    --- Post updated ---
    maybe we can start a conversation on it as to not clog up this thread. I was planing to fix this at some point after the bronco is done or closer to it. I may try to fix that 1980 f150 on wom or use some parts from it like wheels,bumpers, grille, and ford badges as the bronco is based on the f series so any changes that happened to the f series happened to the bronco.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gone Wild1

Gone Wild1
    Expand Collapse

Ok, finally got the bronco up and running and found the following things.
    +Drives great, suspension has great travel and proper action.
    +Jbeam seems pretty good.
    Things that need work/attention(I'll try to fix what I know)
    1) played around with trying to get the front to deform better in frontal crashes and I think that possibly the TTB arm that connects to the frame under the cab is too strong. I think possibly a beam has a deform value too high in the suspension Jbeam
    2) also noticed that the engine mounts could possibly be too strong, as its impossible to get the engine to move in a crash. Probably another beam deform value too high.
    3) front grille/rad support might be also too strong(never deforms)
    4) noticed that it is very hard to get wheels to break off, they often reverse 180 degrees.
    5) cap shape is incorrect over rear window (too rounded)

Overall I love this mod!

16. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

If you can fix these It would be great as I know nothing about modeling and a little about jbeam. I could try to fix the radiator support but the suspension and cab work I can't fix right now as I don't know how to model or how suspension works. and I haven't had someone who actually knows what their doing jbeam wise to help me redo the cap so it can come off ,the grille to be able to come off in crashes, redo the tailgate jbeam so the glass can deform, put coltris where they are needed and jbeam the interior of the truck properly.
    --- Post updated ---
    do you mean the 351M? 400 is not there

17. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I think I got it mixed up it was late..

18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Finnie I noticed a bug. The texture for the reflector in the headlight is missing. When the lens is broken the part behind it is missing the texture. sorry no pic. quick suggestion can you add a shattered texture for the rest of the glass besides the windshield like the official cars,please
    --- Post updated ---
    it happens, I will probably add a few transmissions after I finish my homework tomorrow if I have time and update the zip at the first post. But I still need someone who can model and jbeam before any major progress will be made like making the cap separate or more parts in general.

19. Gone Wild1

Gone Wild1
    Expand Collapse

Ive been messing with various values in suspension and frame for deform values but I think I need to possibly mess with the engine and suspension parts as break groups. I know nothing about modeling, but i have messed around enough with the jbeam files to kinda shed light to whats going on here. No matter what I do to "beamDeform" values, on a frontal collision the frame never compresses at any of the front suspension nodes, or engine or trans mounts. I think I can work the engine and trans as a break group, but im not sure how to tackle the suspension yet. Something that also might need to be done is an attachment to be made between fenders and the fascia. not sure i I can manually define a beam for this to happen,if modeling is necessary. Im going to do as much as I can with this.

20. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That's also in the original, the broken headlights don't have a texture, and the broken glass texture, which gets placed over it, is see through

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice