WIP improved 1980-1986 ford bronco HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Land' started by JBatic, Mar 21, 2016.

?

should I use Lbeam tires or pressurewheels

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Lbeam

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Pressurewheels

87 vote(s)
    85.3%
  3. hi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

yes its the side walls and the braking might be because he enabled abs it seems to kill the brakes on any car that has it
    --- Post updated ---
    yes its the side walls and the braking might be because he enabled abs it seems to kill the brakes on any car that has it
    --- Post updated ---

2. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I will fix the abs, but I will have to figure out witch beams are sidewalls

3. mschiavoni

mschiavoni
    Expand Collapse

[deleted]

4. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I never actually figured it out myself, with abs on or off it made no difference at all.

I enabled it and never disabled as it made no difference.

The pressure wheels conversion was just that a conversion (POC), with no edits to adapt it to the trucks wheels (never took the time to edit it.)

I think the values came from the stock 15 inch wheels from the covet iirc :).

5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

maybe the brakes aren't strong enough?

6. Jenny Craig

Jenny Craig
    Expand Collapse

yo you gotta make an off road version of this with some bigger tires that d be sick other than that cool car dude i personally own one irl and they're pretty cool nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

These things are planed look in the ideas part of the first post.
    --- Post updated ---
    Can someone give me a hand as I'm having the same issues josh had with the wheels and it may seem like I'm not doing much but it would help if someone could show me how to edit the n/b to be how it should without completely redoing it like fixing the tailgate and cap and also how to jbeam the interior then then with the major issues fixed I will start learning how to add things. I may start with adding the offroad stuff from the D series and some other things as a lot of people have requested offroad parts.

8. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

I dont think covet brakes can stop an suv lol

9. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Me neather I tried to fix it and the sidewalls but couldn't get the rear wheels to work or the sidewalls to be stiffer. I'll try again but if I can't can I use the n/b off your wheels for my bronco as yours seem to work well and they are better than the original hubwheels from the bronco.

10. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Again like I said before, the conversion was only for POC (to see if the conversion from hub wheels pressure wheels worked.)

That's it nothing else :).

11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

could you tell me how you did the conversion so I can try with the wheels from the D15.

• Like Like x 1
  12. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

No offense but that seems like a lot of work, if anybody does it it'll end up being more of a community made mod or more by someone else, your asking for the mod to basically be updated for you

13. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I actually just want help like for the cab some one starts it, and shows me how they did it and I finish it so to make the top detachable move the nodes,and I do the beams and then someone shows me how to finish the file with break groups and other stuff so we collaborate on it until I know how to do things properly

Dudeman is helping me with jbeam now

• Like Like x 1
  14. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

The jbeam part is about half of the work and since the model (mesh) was already there done, it seems like you haven't done anything

15. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I want to know how to add stuff from the d series. I will probably try fixing the front and rear wheels then there will be an updated zip
    --- Post updated ---
    unfortunately I haven't had the time to work on this recently so I think until I can figure out what exactly needs fixing on the tires I will just keep using hubwheels this way the truck can be driven and actually tested
    --- Post updated ---
    well after some testing I found that with the exception of the brakes the old hubwheels are just as bad as the pressurewheels so if someone can tell me where the tires for the D series are that would be a huge help as I just cant seem to find them for some reason

16. WinnebagoMan

WinnebagoMan
    Expand Collapse

Update!
    Sorry for not reporting back sooner, but the cap is made so it is merged with the rest of the body, and pulling it apart requires more poly editing than I'd like to do. I'm still going to work on fixing the interior textures in Photoshop, but I'd like the people on this thread to vote what colour they want it to be. (Brown, Maroon/Red, Black, Blue.)

17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thanks! I will set up a poll that will close in a week and put your name in the credits .
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks! I will set up a poll
    --- Post updated ---
    how do I remove a poll?

18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

sorry I haven't gotten a chance to work on this in a wile but school is almost over so I will start working on it soon and winnebago man I will look into how to make it changeable in the parts config

19. DavidTheWild150

DavidTheWild150
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you could have the ability to take parts off like the roof, doors, hood, etc, and maybe give it the option for a towhitch.

20. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I am working on the tow hitch and winnebagoman has jbeamed the top but he needs a modeler to separate the top from the body and the rest can be removed using the parts menu
    --- Post updated ---
    @Josh would you mind doing the tourqecurve and tuning for the rest of the engines? I will try to do the rest of the transmissions that I can find the gear ratios for,but I may need a little help if I mess something up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice