1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Inclusion of Community Mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kona61, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

Hey All! I just happened to browse the forum and noticed that there are now quite a few mods that are based off of Gabester's fictional companies or their own fictional companies. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to hold a poll or vote every month or so and there people could submit their cars and from there we could vote which car we most wanted to be included with the game. After that the mod could be taken to the actual development team where the basic mod would have been completed. This would allow the mod to be brought into similar quality as the official content. This system could benefit both the community and devs as it would allow faster creation of mods and may even allow people to build vehicles requested by the community if the devs do not have the time to make them. Anyways, just an idea that hopefully catches on!

I posted here as this is not really an idea relating to the game, more of a community suggestion lol.

• Like Like x 8
  2. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

I second this notion.

3. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This is actually a pretty good idea.

4. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Nice idea.

5. p-p-potato

p-p-potato
    Expand Collapse

+1

Hopefully it will make all that time I waste making concept cars ( that I have no idea how to make reality ) worth it.

6. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

kinda like some games does with the steam workshop. this is a good idea, but the problem is licensed vehicles. Beamng cant include licensed vehicles in the official game, im pretty sure they would be sued for something like that unless they pay the licencing fee for that particular vehicle company. so unless the community made mod was a fictional car like the devs are doing, i dont think much could be done.

7. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

Well, this is why I mentioned that it would be either Gabester's fictional vehicles or the author's so we would not have that issue.

8. TackyMan

TackyMan
    Expand Collapse

Weren't the Top Gear wheels on the Pigeon originally a mod?

I think Nadeo said the only reason AR162B's mods aren't official was to keep file size down.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I don't remember saying that? (If I did, please link to the post).
    File size would/should not be a reason.

There are lot of different variables that goes into that.

10. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

This is a fantastic idea, especially given that some mods are just as good (if not even better, albeit rarely) as dev content!

11. TackyMan

TackyMan
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about that. I don't know why I thought AR162B, but this is what I was thinking of.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

13. 111111111

Expand Collapse

it is a great idea but two suggestions
    the devs choose which would be eligible before community vote
    and to make it easier on the devs every three months so it does not slow the devs progress

14. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are looking into having like a kickstarter based project funding in the future, which would be pretty similar to what you suggested :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

For all say, I'm gonna make my asshole, but for me, it would perhaps give more work to dev than less, why ?
    Because for me, no mod has been actually as good than the dev one, this mean than if this would be a thing, devs would need to work on these cars to make them as good than the in-game one, and probably re-done a lot of thing, which mean a lot of work ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. p-p-potato

p-p-potato
    Expand Collapse

If so... how much would it cost to get a car in the game??? It's something I would love to do but I don't have all the money in the world sadly, so I hope it's not super expensive.

17. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I agree. While many mods (mostly vehicles) are decent, none of them have been as good as developer vehicles. I rarely play with modded cars because of this.
    For maps, most of them have very little or no polish, and feel empty or not well done. Canyon of Speed is an example of a great mod map, as is Altitude. They feel like they could be stock maps

• Like Like x 1
  18. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice