Increasing the realism of License Plates

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Powered_By, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Powered_By

Powered_By
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,
    With the latest updates to the License Plate system, we can change our registered numbers on our plates, we can change the region our vehicle is registered in and even more. However, one thing I believe that would be even better, having a specific plate to register a specific vehicle.

This is a license plate for a trailer. It is shown on the plate itself that it is registered for a trailer. I think this will work on the Small trailer and the Dry Van trailer.

This license plate is for large trucks, say the T75 and other commercial trucks. My knowledge is a bit hazy of this, however I looked at the license plate for my father's pickup truck, it is a regular license plate. I think that these plates will work best for vehicles like the T75 and possibly the Van series such as the H45.

I used American license plates for my examples. Your laws of license plates and registration may differ in your country. Where I live, we have similar laws and rules for vehicles such as commercial trucks, cars and trailers. I think having this system in BeamNG will increase the realism to an already very realistic game.

2. WolfieJones

WolfieJones
    Expand Collapse

This is a very nice idea but shouldn't this be in Ideas & Suggestions?

3. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually planning on adding several types of license plates for the very specific roleplayers.

Here's a review of an old-style Pre-2000s maine license plate i'm working on.

As you may have noticed, the Official Beam.NG plates lack the realistic stylization compared to the actual license plates that are issued by the states, so i'm redoing all of the ingame state plates (Maine, Texas, Utah, Hawaii, etc.) And i'll add Dealer plates, Police Plates, Fire Dept. Plates, Trailer Plates, Vanity Plates, etc. in future updates.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Powered_By

Powered_By
    Expand Collapse

I neglected to see the Ideas and Suggestions thread page, I hope this gets moved there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice