inline 6 vehicle vibration/torque

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ItsWgamer, May 25, 2019.

1. ItsWgamer

ItsWgamer
    Expand Collapse

I just had a brilliant idea. so a little background, i own a 1951 chevy 1/2 ton pickup and it has this old 235 inline 6 in it. and for anyone whos ever had a Inline 6 vehicle they know at idle they vibrate like no ones business. im not sure how the team would simulate this but it would revamp the feel in vehicles like the hopper and the I6 variants of others especially. also in my truck when you shut the engine off it rocks the vehicle pretty hard a couple times before sputtering all the way out, again only in I6 variants, but this would also make a amazing detail as the engine winds down. just a thought.

2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

modern i6s don't do that iirc

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ItsWgamer

ItsWgamer
    Expand Collapse

still would be a great touch on the older vehicles with inline 6s or heavy engines like in the T series, those things shake like mad..
    --- Post updated ---
    i remember this old corolla i used to drive was 1998 i think with a 6 in it and there was totally a noticable vibration, even with new motor mounts (i had just replaced them, one of them broke). maybe its because nobody uses inline 6s anymore, because, V6

4. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

inline 6s are sadly relegated to the past and hit their peack in the first part of the last century because at the time it delivered good perormance/displacement. now with turbos and all of that we don't need these space wasting engines. that's quite sad. anyway once i saw a alfa-romeo i6, mounted in a 6c freccia d'oro from 1948, one of the last ever built, never restored but forgotten many years in a barn and that thing moves around a bit on start up but it's barely noticable.

5. ItsWgamer

ItsWgamer
    Expand Collapse

to be fair, thats a nice car from the time, i was mentioning the more mass produced consumer focused vehicles like my truck, even finely tuned with modern instrumentation parts on it still shake ... again the whole vibraration aspect was just a thought and totally doesnt have to be recognized, but we could definitely work with the sputter out torquing like on the burnside maybe or again, inline 6 vehicles.. even my fathers brand new f150 shakes a little left and right after shut down and its a v6!

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Mercades has a new i6. Aside from that, the mid 2000's SUV's were mostly the last vehicles with them.

7. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

i don't recall many mid 2000's SUV's using straight 6's.
    most used 4's or V8's.
    BMW and Mercedes and heck even the Japs still use I6's rather commonly. Granted not like they used to but still.

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Chevy Trailblazer was the last American SUV to have one that I know of, 4.2L i6. Jeep TJ is probably the most famous example though.

#8 ManfredE3, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

i was kinda excluding Jeep, but I was unaware of the Trailblazer having a straight six.
    i thought it was a V configuration.

10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The current gen Trailblazer does have a V6

• Like Like x 1
  11. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

think i heard something about mazda developing a new rwd/i6 platform for the new mazda 6

12. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Skyactiv?

13. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

COROLLA with a V6? Never...they had 4 cyl pretty much forever and ever

14. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

yes a skyactiv inline 6 lol. mazda is very quickly turning into a budget luxury brand. i've always loved them for their belief that sports cars should be ultra lightweight, and also the fact that they aren't downsizing but rather trying to develop new technology for better efficiency. gotta love mazda <3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice