Released Interactive Objects Thread - Props you can play with!

Discussion in 'Props' started by Nadeox1, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I released the tires stack in the first post. Have fun.

(imported from here)

2. Deleted member 23644

Deleted member 23644
    Expand Collapse

3. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Show a pic.

4. defib

defib
    Expand Collapse

uDRsx9a.jpg

Barrel Traffic Cone

wO32Fwd.jpg

Shopping Cart

Just some ideas

5. FreeFall

FreeFall
    Expand Collapse

While you're at it, mount a grass mower engine to the shopping cart and make it a nice BeamNG car! :p

6. Colonel_Potter

Colonel_Potter
    Expand Collapse

Would be cool if you could make some zombies. Running over zombies would be fun. Probably not possible, but like I said, would be fun to mow down a herd, um, flock, um... group of zombies. :D ;)

7. senorbolsa

senorbolsa
    Expand Collapse

Nice! thank you for the tire stack definitely what I was looking for ;) Time to find some awesome uses for it!

Idea: Brick wall, obviously a bit more work than just throwing a model in the game but it can be relatively small and break into chunks of 4-5 pieces each (they sorta fail like this anyways if they are exceptionally strong.) you should be able to keep the count low enough (maybe sorta not really), if not, cinder-block wall would be neat since each piece is bigger. Also don't know if there is a system for gibbing in the game so you can create breakable wooden objects :confused: because that would be amazing.

I think I may try my hand at putting some objects into the game.

Good Work!

8. Deleted member 23644

Deleted member 23644
    Expand Collapse

Didn't get a chance to, sorry:(. But maybe if I do it again:D.
    Yea! A shopping cart would be cool!

9. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I mentioned a shopping cart already. To hold the groceries I also suggested :p

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

(imported from here)

11. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Some barriers like these would be really cool, especially if you could actually get water in them. Maybe you could do it in the T3D editor?

Loving all these new toys :)

#31 LSDMT420, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Barrel Traffic cone released, on first post. Have fun :)

(imported from here)

13. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

Why do you have such excessive amounts of polygons everywhere. 2.1k tris on that barrel, that's ridiculous. That thing should be no more than a couple hundred, at most. You have to realize that adding a shitton of polies doesn't make you a good modeller. A good modeller knows where he can leave out polies because the details can be added with normal maps or are so small they will go unnoticed. Your barrel has modelled stripes, why? The real thing has it painted on and the paint is no more than a few thou thick at most. The handle has unnecessary edgeloops and far too many sections in the corner that noone will ever see. You don't need to chamfer sharp edges, that's what normal maps can do. The textures don't need to be larger than 256*256 at most. Even then, you could probably get it to work with 128*128.

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I tried to improve it. I removed some loops. I tried to bake normals from the actual model before removing some loops, but all I was getting was a plain normal map (all purple/blue, no actual details). I kept some bevels, while other got removed. The texture size is 1024 for the normals details, I tried getting it down, but most of the details were gone. I don't think that file size should be a problem, the zip is already pretty small, and almost everybody got pretty big HDD nowadays.

If I ever get to understand multires I might try to bake normals and other details from higher detail model then reduce the polycount to fit to a game.

By the way, now the count is 1.1k, I might try to reduce it even more later, if I can.
    Updated the OP, same DL.

Edit- seems I understood how renderbump feature of blender works, once I get used to it I will update the props with lower poly and better normals version (at the moment I've been using nvidia plug in to make normals from the diffuse map).

#34 Nadeox1, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  15. Scoutmaster Dave

Scoutmaster Dave
    Expand Collapse

Made a little video for your destructible tires. Hope you like it.:D

#35 Scoutmaster Dave, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  16. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Overall these are pretty well made :)

The only small problem i've noticed is that the hole on the top of the standard traffic cone has way too many edge loops, it really doesn't need any edge loops as normals will work that out for you especially on such a small detail, the same goes with the cardboard boxes. Nice work though and it all functions well.

17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

If you would include them all in one zip that would make my lazy life much easier. I love them all though.

18. Deleted member 23644

Deleted member 23644
    Expand Collapse

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 9.10.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 9.11.03 AM.png
    Here is a pic of me using the Top Speed Gavril mod and I crashed it into a big tire stack. Luckily one tire and a traffic barrel survived.

19. Statefan0826

Statefan0826
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering... how would we put this in the map and spawn our car without the car just getting replaced with a prop or the prop replaced by the car?

20. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

there you go http://wiki.beamng.com/Spawning_Vehicles

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice