Introduction to Vehicle Creation - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by B25Mitch, Nov 26, 2014.

1. CarBoy

CarBoy
    Expand Collapse

I got a little problem here, I followed every instructions and the jbeam managed to get ingame just fine, but when I tryed to add the model everything went wrong and ended up with this:

Ingame model vs blender model

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00005.png
    • 2.png
  2. luchvk

luchvk
    Expand Collapse

Did you try to apply the location,rotation, and scale (Ctrl+A)? If that doesn't fix the problem try importing the .dae into Blender to review the model to see if anything went wrong on export.

3. CarBoy

CarBoy
    Expand Collapse

I did apply location, rotation and scale and also imported it into Blender and the mesh looks the same, yet I still have the problem

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

that is a jbeam error..

5. luchvk

luchvk
    Expand Collapse

Like Slayersen said, that could be a Jbeam error. Pause the physics then reload the car and see if the mesh is correct while the physics are paused.

6. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Check the console it may tell you where the error lies. Basically any jbeam typo or missing required info will cause the "license plate" to show up and physics to freeze.

7. CarBoy

CarBoy
    Expand Collapse

I looked into it and saw a problem with the "beams'' section, but I cant find out whats wrong here

Attached Files:

8. luchvk

luchvk
    Expand Collapse

I found and fixed the typo for you. I think it was a formatting error, so the game couldn't read the file correctly because of that. You have to pay close attention to how the information is entered into the Jbeam file.

So you can look out for similar problems in the future:

Line 100 caused the error:

{"group":"”},

This fixed the error:

{"group":""},

Notice that the final quotation mark was previously skewed, after I changed it the car loaded correctly.

(I have the new file in the attachments)

Attached Files:

#28 luchvk, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  9. CarBoy

CarBoy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for bumping this again, this time I got the model and jbeam ingame, but whatever I try the hydros keep breaking

10. kuskisbob

kuskisbob
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to make a Phone model that I downloaded from the internet, but the texture doesn't seem to work. :( I thought I did everything right. Here is the file with the blender model \/.

Attached Files:

#30 kuskisbob, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  11. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

It is impossible to teach everyone Jbeam in the same way, most people will not be able to retain the information to go and make their own stuff without learning for them selves.. which is what I'd recommend doing, start off learning how to move camera nodes on the cars, this will teach you how to move a node and what each axis means, eventually you'll learn how to stabilize new cameras and even learn to make new nodes based on the ability to translate the numbers into imaginary positions in 3d space, with trial and error.

At least maybe, this is how it worked out for me.

12. djbutter

djbutter
    Expand Collapse

thx alot

#32 djbutter, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  13. djbutter

djbutter
    Expand Collapse

this is great but can you make a more complex one with a car kinda like garbasters

14. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

To make that from scratch as a noobie would be hell.
    There are over 1000 beams and a couple 100 nodes in gabe's cars..

15. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Someone needs to make a very well descripted video or wiki post about how messing with all of the little numbers actually change stuff. Maybe a simple demonstration with the covet showing how changing a couple numbers can change stuff. This would help a lot of beginners out. Heck I learnt a lot by taking a number. Cutting in half and seeing what happens lol.

16. Kinect

Kinect
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for bumping this thread, but can i use more than 1 mesh in blender to put it into BeamNG? (Bad grammar)
    Sucks.png

17. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

Hi Kinect, absolutely. You can add as many Blender objects as you need, then select them all and export to a single .dae file. When you call up a mesh name for a flexbody or prop, it will be the same as the Blender object name.

This is generally used for discrete parts of the vehicle that can be substituted, moved, rotated or broken off individually. Alternatively, you can export additional Blender objects to a separate .dae file if you don't want to modify an existing .dae (such as one from the stock game). They can then be used as flexbody meshes via theMulti_Dae feature.

#37 B25Mitch, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  18. Kinect

Kinect
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your help :D I really appreciate it :)

19. BlueIceCraft

BlueIceCraft
    Expand Collapse

Could someone please help me. I can't find anything wrong in my jbeam-files, but the wheels won't show up for some reason :(. I'm at the point where I have to make the HubWheels. I arleady looked at some other vehicles to find something I did wrong. But no luck there. Steering works, RefNodes work too, axles are seperate from the body in the .DAE file, checked the nodes twice in The Hubwheel-file.
    Thanks a lot in advance. And sorry for bad englisch, it's not my native language. :)

EDIT:Fixed the file, so the jbeam can be written from the game again. But wheels still won't show up.

Attached Files:

#39 BlueIceCraft, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  20. luchvk

luchvk
    Expand Collapse

Do the wheels in the .dae have a material?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice