WIP Beta released Irohazaka Touge [Finally fixed?]

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Nyan2Fast4U, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Generic Content Producer

Generic Content Producer
    Expand Collapse

How did you get it to work?

2. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded and unzipped like you said in the OP, but it's still not showing up in the level select for me. :(

3. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

that's because you unzip the folder and put it in levels not the mods folder read the first post.

4. Generic Content Producer

Generic Content Producer
    Expand Collapse

I got it to work now!

5. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

Read my post again... In case you're confused, OP = Original Post. So I unzipped it like he said in the first post. Meaning it's in my levels folder, not the mods folder.

6. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

well maybe you should consult with the maker.

7. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

Hence my posting in his thread.

8. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

I guess you have unzipped it so that the folders look like "steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\levels\Irohazaka" and inside that folder, a bunch of files, right? If it doesn't work that way there might be something strange in your game, but I don't know what could be wrong. Actually, yesterday I worked a bit on the map, saved it and now it doesn't work again for some reason, so as you can see I'm not as good a modder as many people here.

I'm sorry if it doesn't work. Did you download the map when I released it in 2015? Maybe you have duplicate files and it messes up the whole thing...

9. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I've got the map, and it works fine. I just notice the error spam whenever I start it up. Pressing enter on the loading screen gets me through it fine. I'm just curious if I installed it wrong or something, or if it's just because it's old

10. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Yep, it's the decals file. The map used to have some Japanese road markings which never worked for anyone but me (the "no material" splotches in the first pages) and now it just doesn't load.The map is just breaking down with time sadly, I hope I can fix it completely some day.

Sorry everyone for the state the map is in but I just don't have the time or knowledge anymore, at least it's playable and pretty fun in my opinion. I will not stop supporting the map and will try to update it. However, the devs told me how to get it fixed and to the current update, but that broke the map again and doesn't load. If that is fixed and I can finally make it work flawlessly with no errors again, I'll get back on working on it.

EDIT: Wait, did you say error spam? I only get one error for "Irohazaka.mis.decals" and then it works fine. Can you get a screenshot of the map? You might be missing stuff that should be there no problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

It works now. I accidentally created a levels folder within the levels folder and put it in there. -_- Moved it back 1 directory and we're good!

Love the level, it looks great so far! I also have the No material bug, but that isn't stopping me from tearing up the mountains! Keep at it and I look forward to watching it improve! :)

I also get a bunch of errors when loading the level.

#51 Projekt535, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  12. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Hey, glad it works! The error spam is strange, I only get a single error. Is anything missing from the map?

Thanks for the feedback!

13. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I should say I get several errors aswell. I'm not sure on the exact number, but probably atleast 5. I don't know the map, but the only things I notice are missing are missing textures on the road, which I assume are the Japanese markings you mentioned earlier. I'll try and get some pics of the errors I get but I'm normally in fullscreen, so they all appear in the background
    --- Post updated ---
    Well let me know if you want pics of them, but it's 12 error messages and each of them if about something missing for a concrete barrier then followed by a few letters. After that though, the map seems to load fine.

14. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

So, I think I fixed it. As in, at least you don't have to do any weird stuff to make it work. The forest didn't work for some reason so I got a couple beers and remade the whole thing. I'd say it's finally updated to 0.10 and might deem it deserving of going to the repository if it works. Can you guys try it out? You should not get the orange "NO MATERIAL" stuff anymore and now the ground is not as dull, I liked how it looked when I made it but grew bored of it. You will probably still get the loading errors though, sorry for that.

I still have to fix some stuff (I messed the tunnel in the uphill up, I hope it doesn't bother you too much) but I'd like to know if it finally works correctly for anyone but me before putting the time needed to make the first changes I want to make.

So here's version 0.2, please tell me if it works.

Attached Files:

15. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I can try it. When you say weird stuff, do you mean it should be good to just go into the mods folder now?

16. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. Thanks for the quick response!

17. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

So, I've only jumped in quickly, and the map seems to be working fine in the mods folder and all the markings on the road have gone too. However, unless I just missed it last time, there's now a new error for me
    It may be due to me messing up removing the old file from the game, but I ask because I also notice that alot of the trees have 'fallen over' I guess. Again though, I may have just missed this before. I really only discovered this map when you first posted about it being broken, so I'm probably not the most help.

Other than that, what I've seen seems to be all fine. No FPS drops or anything either, so all seems to be good so far. I'll keep looking, but that's probably the extent of my help I'm afraid

18. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Yep, I was expecting that error to appear now. I have to see where that file is referenced and delete it so that it doesn't call it and the error doesn't appear, I guess. The forest in this version is completely made from scratch, that's the difference you noticed. Thank you for the report.

I think I'm ready to call this map functional again, so I'll get back to it oficially.

So... suggestions? What don't you guys like about the map? The first thing I'm sure I'll do is make the roads much narrower, since as they are not at all realistic right now. The map will never feel like the real thing but at least that should help. And if I find what's the problem with the road markings I'll get them back, since when they worked they really helped the atmosphere.

19. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Maybe some sorta road signs? I'm not sure how many of them there actually are there, but I think something like that will improve the overall detail and atmosphere. And maybe alittle road block or sign indicating the ends of the roads on the edges, so they don't just end

20. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

I still have the same errors plus the forest.json now. Still loads and plays fine otherwise. It's a great layout, I think the roads could use some more fine detailing. Smoothing, moving trees a little further back, at least the fallen ones so the branches aren't hanging into the roadway. I also think the terrain could use some work and smoothing as well, the cliffs are very steep and kind of take away from the immersion IMO.

I think it's a great start and just needs some polish. Keep it up :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice