1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Is it hard to implement the FMOD sounds in a old mod ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobias95ng, Sep 14, 2018.

1. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

The Ford LTD mod
    and Ar162b s moonhawk sedan mod are still working fine but sadly the standard s beam sounds are completly gone so i was playing with the idea to swap some already made sounds from a other mod or from the dev cars in them by myselfe but i have no klue how long it wil take and whitch programms i need to edit the files (and were the part is that is responsible for the sound)

i hope that is mor copy paste than i need to edit myselfe so i can doo this today :p

It would be nice if someone can give me tips and Suggestions for this :)

2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

If you just want to add stock moonhawk sounds to it, you just have to copy the soundConfig section of the moonhawk from the engine.Jbeam file. If you want to use the old sounds with FMOD, it shouldn't be too hard either as long as you have all the audio samples. Theres a section in the wiki that describes how FMOD sounds work. However, I've never actually got it to work myself, so there might be something more.

3. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

do i need to rename then and is the only the v8 sound for all or is ther for each configuration a folder ?

4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

What do you want to do? If you're adding the new sounds you only need to copypaste a code snippet into the engine code.

5. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

jea but i mean when i use as example CP100s sound mod there are new custom engine sounds in there he uses already the FMOD soundsystem what need i to do to get it to work with another mods shud i edit the sound mod itselfe or the mod car for that i want to use it ?

and by the way where are the code for the dev cars located in the game :/ ?

6. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

The code for the new engine sounds is located at the very bottom of the engine code in the engine.Jbeam. The actual samples are in an encrypted file, but you shouldn't need them anyway. If you want to port new sounds into FMOD, look at the wiki, it has pretty detailed instructions on how to do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

i found it Thanks :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice