Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Lukey_reborn78, May 29, 2015.

1. Lukey_reborn78

Lukey_reborn78
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or every time this game updates the performance seems not as good?. For example i remember in the earlier builds when the game was ment to be alot more laggy when the game ran 100% fine for me solid 60fps. But in these new updates i'm finding spikes of lag that are ruining the game for me. Also removing the ai sucked but making the game lag more in later updates when it is ment to be less laggyer for me sucks. Thanks and well done for the latest update on bringing it out on steam! :D I'v been here since the start and it has been a long road xD
    Sorry i have just seen that i have posted in the wrong section sorry, Could someone move it for me please? thanks

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Have you checked if your graphical options are the same or if those got set back to default? That could be why you are getting lower FPS..
    There shouldn't be any reason why the game would run worse for you.

AI was removed as it's getting replaced with a new, better, less dumb version of it.

3. Lukey_reborn78

Lukey_reborn78
    Expand Collapse

Ik it is getting replaced but i'm thinking that it will take a very long time to code a more intelligent Ai don't you think? So why remove ai for like half a year? or probably more. and yes i have tried running it on the lowest settings but no results i can get smooth frames but it just jumps it never used to before the big update. But it defiantly ran better before all these updates i used to run it on the highest settings without problems.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The new AI is partly already in the game. Hop on ECA, turn on AI (UI EDIT > APPS > AI CONTROL), set it on Random and enjoy the AI Driving without some mad skills on ECA :)

And I think it's just your side. Personally I haven't noticed any major change in FPS. What map are you trying to play on? And with what vehicle?
    And, what's your system spec?

5. Lukey_reborn78

Lukey_reborn78
    Expand Collapse

Okay and thanks lol i didn't know they re-add it. and my system specs are gtx 980 8gb of ram intel core 377k

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Welp, that is enough to run BeamNG smoothly.
    So, you are just experiencing more stutters, or lower FPS (the 2 things are different)?

7. Lukey_reborn78

Lukey_reborn78
    Expand Collapse

i would say it was stutters like i will be driving fine and it will start "jumping" if you know what i mean

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry what is ECA?

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

East Coast USA, one of the official maps.

9. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

It's not just you. I have the same feeling too. I get the same fps but the game feels more sluggish and not as pretty as before.

Here is a comparison of experimental vs lates build
    1.JPG
    3.JPG
    (sadly no anti aliasing on curent build because I can't change the settings due to the bug but everything is set on high, except post processing on medium...I apollogize if it'll look better with post processing on high but I can't do much about that now)

Technically the graphics improved, as you can see on the sharpness on the leaves and textures...but in my opinion it's too much. Everything feels so busy to the eye, especially in motion...which also may be the cause for the more laggy feeling. Please note that this is just my opinion..I prefer the more minimalistic artstyle over the extremly sharp look...but I'm probably the only one who does this.

Also out of curiousness are there people out there who think this extremly bright specular effect looks pretty? I always wondered that.
    5.JPG

10. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

For me, performance did not change much.

But the steering behaviour did for sure?! I'm using the Xbox360 Controller, and it feels like its very sluggish. It just doesn't steer as quick as before? Is that just me?

11. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

No, I have that too.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Controls now have filtering.
    Controller have a default non-linearity of 1.3 (smaller steering effect at the center, bigger steering effect at the edges). And the filtering also detects on how fast you move your stick.
    If you move it fast, the steering will be fast, and etc.

You can change non-linearity and deadzones from the controls menu. Just search for Steering and click on the bind (you may need to activate the advanced settings at the top of the list)

About stutter, I believe I'm getting them too, but not as much. I will take note for an eventual investigation :)

13. Sando

Sando
    Expand Collapse

I'll use this thread to ask. Everytime I set me Anisotropic filtering to x2 it keeps getting back to x4 by itself. Is it a known problem and is there any solution?

14. Braindead

Braindead
    Expand Collapse

While I can't speak for performance, the fullscreen option seems kinda buggy this patch. All too eager to cap me at 30fps.

The full Hirochi Raceway circuit scenario in the moonhawk, I get solid 60fps on normal graphics, around 53 on high.
    This is in windowed fullscreen. On fullscreen it caps me at 30fps on high and normal graphics. The fps limiter and vsync options are off.

Previously I always found I had far better framerates when in true fullscreen, windowed full always made the game have patches of about 5fps.

15. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! But meanwhile I got used to it, and start liking that :) Anyways, that Controller Configuration Menu is great! No need to modify text files anymore, yey! :D

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Really odd. Do you have the Vsync forced from your GPU Control panel?
    There is no reason for it to be locked at 30FPS.
    Just to check, if you set your FPS Limiter to something lower than 30, does it lower your FPS or it doesn't affect anything?
    Also, can you check your refresh rate when you go in fullscreen? It could be your rate going to 30hz, hence getting 30FPS.

17. Braindead

Braindead
    Expand Collapse

It's strange, it's like it's just pulling it down not truly capping it. Right now fullscreen is giving me solid 20, yet borderless still 52. Then after tabbing in and out, and going between borderless and full modes, fullscreen in now giving me 55fps.
    Tabbed out and in, back to 30.

The Vsync just doesn't work, it turns off as soon as I turn it on. Vsync isn't on in my nvidia control panel either, I run most games at 60.

The limiter actually does work. Set to 60 the game is still giving me 30, but set lower it does successfully cap the framerate.
    The game is reading as 60Hz, as is the monitor. Strange. :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice