1. This is an off-topic section of the forum.
    If you have an issue related to BeamNG, please post in Troubleshooting section instead.

Is my wifi card dying?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Michaelflat, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Occasionally i get random internet drop outs, where i am still connected to the network, but web-pages are just stuck at say "waiting for ...." or waiting for youtube to load. Reloading does nothing and it waits maybe 30 seconds or more to load the page. No other machine on my network has this issue, only mine. Have tried setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but still nothing. Tried updating wifi drivers and nothing.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it is antenna/connector issue?

Some Wifi on some laptops just is bit like disconnecting nightmare.

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

it's on my desktop, and so no antenna movement and it's all screwed in tight. Come to think of it, my wifi card is ontop of my GPU, maybe it got a little too warm
    --- Post updated ---
    if i disable it then re-enable it, it's fine. I blame windows 10, since that's the only thing that has changed since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I have weird WiFi bugs with Windows 10 too. Sometimes I have to reset the adapter... and this has happened with multiple adapters.

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

fixed it, reset my machine, fed up. Good now though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice