Issues with extremely fast car (3000 km/h)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Agent_Y, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So I want to make an extremely fast car like Deo Volente or V10 Destroyer but I'm stuck. I'm basing the car on the SBR4. Performance-wise I'm already set, 38 million hp, 12-speed dct, ultra grippy drag tires, no aero drag, literally indestructible, really heavy to stay on the ground, all gear ratios set up to maximize top speed, can reach 1000 km/h easily in 1st gear at 3000RPM out of 100000... But there's a problem, the tires are stretching very much, and at about 850 km/h this causes speed wobbles that eventually become so violent they crash the game. I tried copying the tire values from the Deo Volente, V10 Destroyer and Hyper Bolide, but all of these only make the situation worse. Also tried using the Deo Volente wheels directly from Gavril Vertex but they stretch EVEN MORE. I tried increasing some beamSpring in my tires so it stretches less but it only makes the game crash sooner. I tried using vanilla drag tires too and they have the same exact problem. I tried modifying the suspension values but whatever I set I always get the same speed wobbles, and with too much beamSpring I get game crashes on spawn. How is this solved on other mods (they have the stretching and some speed wobbles, but less, more recoverable and no game crashes) and what can I do? Should I use another car as a base or what?
    (Also based on my calculation the theoretical top speed of the car is Mach 17500 lol)

#1 Agent_Y, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  2. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any idea what is different on the deo and the v10 that makes them able to go that fast ?

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I guess the main difference is that they are Automation vehicles? But it shouldn't matter, Automation exports have worse Jbeam than vanilla cars so mine should be more stable if anything. And the V10 Destroyer has some LUA to increase horsepower but I don't need that because my car is powerful enough. The speed is not an issue, but the stability is. Idk what makes them so stable at high speed (relatively stable because they still wobble a lot, but nowhere near as much as my car).

4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Have you looked into the aerodynamic part ?

5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The only difference I found is that they have bigger front downforce... I'll try increasing mine.

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

How about cx coefficient ? ( just guessing )
    --- Post updated ---
    Also the wheels blowing up like that shouldn't do much good to road stability..
    --- Post updated ---
    Hah maybe solid or partially solid tires :D

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's not meant to be stable but fast lol, what do you mean by cx coefficient? And I tried solid tires from another mod, same thing happens, and even without the tires, then the wheels stretch.

8. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Sure enough but if instability suppresses top speed ?

Oh I see, that'll be centrifugal force on the jbeam perhaps.

Air flow drag coefficient , the air tunnel stuff :)
    --- Post updated ---
    I saw those multi mach vehicle videos too and it seems clear to me that the jbeam code doesn't likes this. So I'm thinking re-coding jbeam would be quite a necessary option here, like instead of expanding, shrinking. Good luck with that !

9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

My drag coef is 0 on all parts except aero ones, just like those mods. And recoding Jbeam would be cheating lol

10. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

As if 500000000 horsepower wouldn't be ;)

Maybe try tinkering that (idk), also maybe multiple axles would help too, or small wheels with a lot of clearance :)

11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Multiple axles? Maybe I could try with the T-Series instead lol
    Also drag coef doesn't make a difference in stability in my case, only higher lowers acceleration

12. CEOofGamer

CEOofGamer
    Expand Collapse

Why does the car not turn efficiently at around 20 mph, I'm using android for steering

13. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums :) You are posting in the wrong thread though. Type 'remote control' in the search bar and see if you can find a suitable thread to find your answer or post your question.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hmm there must be a reason why real cars cant drive thousands of miles an hour without sending :p

Looks like cheating is the only way after all then *giggles*

• Like Like x 1
  14. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried making the wheels and tires zero mass? Other than that, it might come down to cheating: speed from invisible rocket thrust, steering from an invisible airplane rudder, and non-moving frictionless tires.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Do you even know how physics works lol

16. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Wheels are one of the most important places to reduce mass. That's a lot of angular momentum. Ever lift a race car wheel?

On the other hand, I don't know how BeamNG physics works. If the mass is concentrated at at one point the hub, it wouldn't make any difference.

17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If I decrease the tire mass it will stretch more because it will be less stiff and I need as much stiffness in it as possible. Zero mass will mean zero stiffness and will crash the game. Rockets I think are considered cheating because you can easily get ridiculous speeds with them like Mach 100 or something.
    EDIT: Now that I think about it, maybe less mass = less momentum, so it will be easier for the tires to get back to original shape when slowing down? Idk

#17 Agent_Y, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So 10 times lighter tires fix the expansion issue it seems, and they make the shaking less violent, but also it starts earlier and crashes the game earlier. Probably a step in the right direction though, I'll see what else I can do...
    EDIT: Ultra light tires with a lot of side stiffness are the key! Over 2000 km/h now and still accelerating!!!
    --- Post updated ---
    I need faster acceleration at higher RPMs, just reached 2500 km/h at like 4000 RPM and the acceleration is pretty slow at this point
    --- Post updated ---
    Reached 2650, game crashed lol
    dsfdfsdfsds.png
    I need lower inertia or some other thing to make it accelerate faster at 4000RPM

#18 Agent_Y, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

GRIP-ALL

20. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

That's the key! Mass and rigidity (modulus of elasticity) should be two different parameters. If you all but eliminate the rubber--maybe define a millimeter-thick skin of solid, max-friction rubber around zero-mass max-stiffness wheels, that should minimize deformation. Of course, your suspension is now doing all of the work on even the tiniest bumps, but something tells me this isn't a car you'd drive up a crawler track anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice