1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

It’s Upgrade Time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zentuckyfriedchicken, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Zentuckyfriedchicken

Zentuckyfriedchicken
    Expand Collapse

Lol! When I asked about maybe upgrading my R7 370 he said “Isn’t that top of the line?”

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, i was asking for GTX 640 This Christmas, and nope, a outdated old GPU is "top of line"

3. Zentuckyfriedchicken

Zentuckyfriedchicken
    Expand Collapse

Oh well. I guess once we move out we can finally upgrade :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Well, you earn your money, it's your money, if you're given the money, it's technically theirs to say what to do with it.
    You could certainly buy used gaming parts, especially at a ma-and-pa PC shop (independent).
    Look for someone near you selling an i5/i7 2xxx k-series CPU / motherboard / RAM combo.
    It'll run this game just ducky and will get you in the game. Make sure they give you the Windows key that's tied to the motherboard you buy if it's 7, 8, or 10(make sure that's part of the deal, unless you have 100$ left over for another copy of Windows).

If you private message me (or anybody really) I might be able to hook you up with Windows 7 OEM Home Pro for 50$ USD (possibly plus shipping, sometimes they have PRO for 60$ plus shipping too), if you don't get a copy with your 'puter parts.
    --Cheers!
    --- Post updated ---
    Don't feel bad I had a R7 265 (a 7850 2gb) up until last year, had it almost 3.5 years still ran tops. 2gb of RAM was hitting it's limit though. I needed some more oomph because I can't seem to design very efficient maps :)

You're lucky to have one that good, I can't quite say my Rx 480 is worth what they're going for. I think luck telling you to hold out for a bit (especially with prices now) is a blessing in disguise. You can get a good year out of that card yet if you don't mind dialing down the settings.
    My Asus R7 265 (7850) wasn't the fastest card in town even when I bought it but you never heard the thing and it OC'ed to 1ghz from a stock clock of 850mhz without a voltage bump.

Edit: Someone else here (or you) said they want a GTX 640 and have a GT 740, that's about the same chip isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zentuckyfriedchicken

Zentuckyfriedchicken
    Expand Collapse

Well the way I get income is if I get good grades, I get $100 given to me. Oh well. I will just have to play multiseat with my brother on east coast USA to show the lag. ;)

6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

$100! For good grades! you're a bit expensive to run aren't you :p well good luck in whatever you are doing (GCSE? A-Levels? University?)

7. Zentuckyfriedchicken

Zentuckyfriedchicken
    Expand Collapse

Lol I’m in high school. Taking honors and ap classes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Good, your schooling will dictate the rest of your life. Do well and you generally shall go far --best of luck with that!
    Get a good accredited college too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zentuckyfriedchicken

Zentuckyfriedchicken
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice