Unsolved Jbeam Parts falling off

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by BeamCarHomeTrade, May 8, 2019.

1. BeamCarHomeTrade

BeamCarHomeTrade
    Expand Collapse

Hello,everyone i wanted to ask one thing:
    so to make basic(undriveable,not binded to any lua/controller/ui app) jbeam you need to do the ultra-lowpoly collision mesh and export the jbeam (mesh2jbeam on blender) right?
    as i did this i got result of this:
    upload_2019-5-9_1-41-50.png
    which indeed looks great at first glance
    but with one super easily depressing thing:
    upload_2019-5-9_1-42-42.png
    i want to know:HOW to "glue" them so they won't fall off?

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Typically you will need to make the jbeam yourself. You can try exporting from a collision mesh, and that may get you a decent starting point, but its certainly not done.

So in this case your wings are not stiff enough, you could try giving them a higher BeamSpring value, just be aware that if you go too high they will start to vibrate, perhaps even explode. You will also need to adjust the mass of the nodes on your aircraft, since the wings probably weigh as much as the fuselage currently. If all of the above fails, you may need to either scratch build the wings, or start adding additional supports to them in order to prevent them from flopping.

In 3d modelling it is also common for things like wings to clip with the fuselage. In which case they are probably not attached to the fuselage very well either. So you may need to do some bodging to your jbeam to properly connect them together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice