Junkyard models

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Pontiac, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Jeez....

Keep doing what you're doing Pontiac, practice makes perfect I think to start though you should be modeling with blueprints of a real car versus a self-designed car, then move on to the self-designed ones.

2. Pontiac

Pontiac
    Expand Collapse

First of all the cars i gave away were not originally made for Beamng, i made those cars before i discovered this game. And no, i never wrote on my previous signatures about "Professional modeller"
    This is my signature before
    "I am a trainee vehicle artist and i have 20 designs to be put in blender but only 2 were able to be in blender and they are multiplying"

First of all, they are not yet finished. The Ford gran torino, lamborghini aventador, Apparation, Pro street, Stryder tiara are those that i am still working on and off.

If you have don't believe me, take a look.
    11.png
    Gave it a grill and remove all the shading errors. And please don't call me a rip off from gabester's moonhawk. If you call me a rip off from the moonhawk, then gabester is also involved in the rip off because his car is based from the Monaco and GM collonade or the 1977 Chevelle.

3. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

Rear end of your car looks too long.

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Don't give up on modeling, practice is all. I've always learned new things very quickly, but my first models were pretty much shit. The car I'm making right now is my first model I could call decent (my E30 was meh, I totally fucked up the grille, my HY was utter crap). As for what I said about sticking to old car design, you should actually practice modeling with the cars you can design now, then learn to make new cars. If you try to learn two very different things at the same time, you'll just end up slowing down and screwing up both of them.
    I know this is ironic because I'm usually an asshole, but I'd rather be a honest asshole than a liar.

5. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

You're getting two types of criticism. One is about your modelling ability, which is looking much better now judging by the above picture.

The other is design. Your car borrows tons of styling features from cars of the era which is fine, but yet some stuff is way off. The proportions are off compared to what the car is styled after. There are reasons cars look the way they do, so what is different in this alternate history version of a 1977 Chevelle (or similar car)? Why does it have a huge wheelbase and huge rear doors? Why does it have no front bumper and a really high front end? If its different just because, or because you're a bad judge of proportions, well, you're going to get hate.

6. Jacob Hoppe

Jacob Hoppe
    Expand Collapse

If I wanted to clean these up and make the db9, can i have permission to?

7. Pontiac

Pontiac
    Expand Collapse

The picture above wasn't the exact size of the car. I did the numpad 5 thing that changes into grid mode changing the models shape or size.

Grid mode
    11.png

Without in grid mode
    111.png

1111.png

Go ahead.

8. dcsign

dcsign
    Expand Collapse

how do u install it

9. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

What do you want to install?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice