Just Cause 3......

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Mythbuster, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Expand Collapse

This sequel looks AWESOME. The physics and graphics have improved a great deal. Here's the latest video:

Attached Files:

2. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

Just to save people the trouble of downloading the file, here is the vid on YT:

#42 daveywaveyHD, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Expand Collapse

Oh! Thanks daveywaveyHD! I tried to embed it to this thread, but for some reason it didn't work. Thanks buddy! ;-)

4. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

I thought the water in Just Cause 2 was amazing, now it looks as if it is the water along the beaches in Hawaii. SO EXCITED!!! :D

5. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I see reallistic car damage at 0:50. What do you guys think?

6. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

Given that the trailer isn't proper gameplay, I'd say maybe, this teaser is getting me excited for this game.

7. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Realistic? eh
    nice, but not realistic, also obviously preanimated.
    nice vid tho

8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Agree. I also see subtle (subliminal) references to a destruction engine going on. My mind raced envisioning a real time deformation scheme
    that's been waiting in the wings but I've been down that road too many fucking times.

Haven't played any of these but I'm keeping an eye on it. Blowing shit up and destroying things well is always medicinal.
    I'm still pissed a proper sequel to Red Faction Guerilla was never made. The hours and hours with the demo hammer was pure bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

It's obvious they are implying some sort of "cool" vehicle damage but I doubt it will be anything but a wreckfest clone. Pure propaganda.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The whole video is CG stuff, not in-game if you haven't noticed.

Here's a good article about it:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/oh-no-the-just-cause-3-trailer-is-on-fire/

And another article from one of the PCGamer's employee that had the opportunity to try out the game:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/why-you-should-be-excited-about-just-cause-3/

From what it seems, it's Just Cause 2 (Same mechanics, same game engine with some retouches, similar stuff) with improvements and new stuff.
    From one of the JC3 Team tweet, they said there is going to be some sort of better vehicle damage:

(imported from here)

What I really want to see if proper lighting for vehicles. JC2 had an horrible lighting coming from vehicles (Was basically a point light). Hope to see something more proper this time, it would make going offroading at night more fun.

10. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I hate to bump, but there's been some hearsay that some former Criterion developers are chipping in for the vehicle behavior. Not sure if that means handling or destruction, though.

11. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully both. Criterion are very good at making intentionally unrealistic/grippy cars in games, it'd be a perfect fit for something as non-serious as a JC game.

12. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

And Burnout Paradise has one of the best rigid-body car deformation systems around, right after Next Car Game and GTA V.

13. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Motor Storm Pacific Rift is right up there too.

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Isn't that a rather old PS2 game? Or is it one of the PS3 games? Either way, damage in Burnout Paradise is way better than in any MS game I've played.

15. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

It's a PS3 game and in my opinion I think it is similar damage graphics to burnout games. But that's just me:)

16. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

It depends, honestly.

If the cars are way too grippy a la Burnout Revenge, it'll feel bad, but if they're like Burnout Paradise, where the cars actually have some weight and different characteristics to them, then it'll feel good.

An open-world game needs to have flexible physics to handle anything from normal driving to driving off a cliff for shits and giggles, so too much unrealism results in annoying stiffness.

MSPR is one of the best PS3 arcade racers out there, it's got a really unique design with branching routes during the races and different vehicle classes.

It's damage system is pretty similar to Burnout's, you can utterly twist a car into mangled metal if you try hard enough.

17. Rage

Rage
    Expand Collapse

:D

#57 Rage, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  18. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Looks so good! As someone who has poured countless hours into JC2, I'm really excited for this. I just hope it's not a flop. They have to change enough to make it good while still making it have the same mechanics and such.

19. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Damn. Between this and Mad Max, Avalanche may become a pretty big player in the industry overnight.

20. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Ay we got a Steam sale now... only 10% but that's probably the best we'll see until its already been out for a few months. To preorder or not to preorder...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice