WIP Beta released Ken Block Lore Pack & Racing Stuff (v0.61)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Dr. Gread, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

"Ken Blockʼs rally career began in 2005. His skill and car control became quickly apparent and Block aptly nabbed Rookie of the Year that season in the Rally America Championship. Since then, Block has continued to race in the series, racking up numerous overall wins as well as plenty of podium appearances. He’s also accumulated five X Games medals since the start of his career, including most recently taking silver at Global X Games Barcelona RallyCross in 2013.

In addition to his performance in the car, Block has been a driving force in shedding light on the sport of rally within the United States. His keen branding and marketing acumen, combined with his talents and skills behind the wheel, has also allowed Block to achieve global fame as a rally driver through his wildly successful viral Gymkhana series of videos. With all nine of his Gymkhana videos (plus all associated edits) clocking in at over 500 million views on the franchise in total, they have helped put Block in front of eyeballs around the world. The franchise has also racked up several awards, including making the top 10 viral video charts by Ad Age, as well as the One Show Interactive Gold Pencil Award in the category of Online Films & Video/Long Form – Single, for excellence in an advertising campaign.

In January 2010, Block formed the Monster World Rally Team and signed with Ford to pursue his dreams of racing in the World Rally Championship and in doing so, became one of only four Americans to ever score points in the WRC (more Americans have actually landed on the moon than scored points in the WRC). Additionally, his signing with Ford included campaigning domestically in racing (Global RallyCross Championship, X Games and Rally America), as well as continuing with his Gymkhana driving. In 2012, Block re-named his team Hoonigan Racing Division, with the goal to further push the boundaries of motorsports marketing. In 2013, 2014 and 2015, Block dedicated himself to competing in the Global Rallycross Championship, finishing second overall in 2015. 2016 saw Block move to racing full-time in the FIA World Rallycross Championship which he did for the full 2016 and 2017 seasons.

For 2018 he will compete in a variety of rallies, as well as rallycross events, as well as compete at the Gymkhana GRID final this fall and create multiple video projects as well."

Source: Hoonigan Racing

Ken Block continued his racing career, participating in rallies across the world in new vehicles. In 2021, he ended is partnership with Ford to join a few races with Subaru. By the end of 2021, Ken joined Audi to race in electric vehicles. Audi built the Audi S1 Hoonitron for him, inspired by the rally legend Audi Quattro S1 Group B. It was featured in Electrikhana (2022), the electric version of Gymkhana.

Unfortunatly, Ken's career ended tragically at the beginning of 2023, when he died in a snowmobile accident.

Ken will forever be missed. He was a true legend, even a model for a lot of us. He inspired us a lot, and even made some of us love cars.

Thank you Ken. This pack is for you.

If you are looking for the Hoonicorn, please refer to this mod.
    If you have any suggestion or skin you want to see in-game, just reply to this thread. Keep in mind that the skin you ask for has to be compatible with the original vehicles from the game (for instance the Hoonitruck can't be done for now because there's no old pickup truck)

Recommanded mods:
    Rally Sørland
    The Hoonicorn
    [WIP] Vivace Rally Parts (& Hyundai Skin)

#KB43VER

Vehicle configurations:
    vivace_kb43_wrx_17_gravel.jpg vivace_kb43_wrx_17_asphalt.jpg vivace_kb43_justaintcare_gravel.jpg vivace_kb43_justaintcare_asphalt.jpg vivace_kb43_hillclimb.jpg vivace_kb43_gymkhana.jpg vivace_kb43_arx_2018_gravel.jpg vivace_kb43_arx_2018_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_subaru_gravel.jpg vivace_arx_subaru_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_rockstar_gravel.jpg vivace_arx_rockstar_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_speedhunters_gravel.jpg vivace_arx_speedhunters_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_all-inkl_gravel.jpg vivace_arx_all-inkl_asphalt.jpg kbwrx.jpg kbwrc04.jpg kbgym1.jpg kbgumball3000.jpg racetruck_kb43_justaintcare.jpg pickup_kb43_justaintcare.jpg covet_kb43_mk2rs.jpg covet_kb43_cossie_v2.jpg pickup_rally_staff.jpg

Available races:
    100 Acre Wood Rally - Full Island Tour
    100 Acre Wood Rally - Rhum Trail

preview.png preview.png

v0.1
    Added Vivace "Just Ain't Care" configs (A & G)
    vivace_kb43_justaintcare_asphalt.jpg vivace_kb43_justaintcare_gravel.jpg
    Added Pickup "Just Ain't Care" config
    pickup_kb43_justaintcare.jpg

v0.2
    Fixed Vivace "Just Ain't Care" skin
    Added Racetruck "Just Ain't Care" config
    racetruck_kb43_justaintcare.jpg

v0.3
    Added Vivace "WRX '17 Death Spray" configs (A & G)
    vivace_kb43_wrx_17_asphalt.jpg vivace_kb43_wrx_17_gravel.jpg

v0.4
    Added Covet "WRC" config
    covet_kb43_cossie_v2.jpg
    Added Covet "Gymkhana" config
    covet_kb43_mk2rs.jpg

v0.5
    Added Sunburst "WRX" config
    kbwrx.jpg
    Added Sunburst "Gymkhana 1" config
    kbgym1.jpg
    Added Sunburst "WRC '04" config
    kbwrc04.jpg
    Added Sunburst "Gumball 3000" config
    kbgumball3000.jpg
    Added Vivace "ARX '18 Death Spray" configs (A & G)
    vivace_kb43_arx_2018_asphalt.jpg vivace_kb43_arx_2018_gravel.jpg

v0.6
    Added 5 new parts to Vivace: Carbon Fiber Tailgate (RX), WRX Wing, RX Brake Lights, RX Brake Lights (Alternative), RX Rectangular Brake Lights
    Updated all Vivace configs to fit new parts
    Added Vivace "All-Inkl" configs (A & G)
    vivace_arx_all-inkl_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_all-inkl_gravel.jpg
    Added Vivace "SpeedHunters" configs (A & G)
    vivace_arx_speedhunters_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_speedhunters_gravel.jpg
    Added Vivace "Subaru" configs (A & G)
    vivace_arx_subaru_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_subaru_gravel.jpg
    Added Vivace "Rockstar" configs (A & G)
    vivace_arx_rockstar_asphalt.jpg vivace_arx_rockstar_gravel.jpg
    Added Vivace "Hillclimb" config (custom config)
    vivace_kb43_hillclimb.jpg
    Added Vivace "Gymkhana" config (custom config)
    vivace_kb43_gymkhana.jpg
    Added Pickup "Rally Staff" config
    pickup_rally_staff.jpg
    Added Tirewall "ARX" config
    Added Tirewall "Cooper Tires" config
    Added Tirewall "Monster Energy" config
    Added Tirewall "Red/White Stripes" config
    Added 7 props
    Added "100 Acre Wood Rally - Full Island Tour" Time Trial (ECUSA)
    preview.png
    Added "100 Acre Wood Rally - Rhum Trail" Time Trial (ECUSA)
    preview.png

v0.61
    Fixed Vivace "WRX '17 Death Spray" skin (was too dark)
    Fixed Vivace "All-Inkl" config (A) (missing parts)
    Fixed Vivace "SpeedHunters" config (A) (missing parts)

Known bugs & mistakes
    Some wheels might be missing textures (on ETK-K or ETK-800)
    Custom lights on Racetruck and Pickup do not illuminate their env correctly
    Vivace "WRX '17 Death Spray" skin is very inacurrate
    Custom stop lights for Vivace have weird textures on the back and weird behavior when broken

Special thanks to Seryy52 for solving the "speed-up" bug!

More coming soon...

Attached Files:

#1 Dr. Gread, Feb 15, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 15
  2. YuwtaGamingChill

YuwtaGamingChill
    Expand Collapse

Hollllyyyy coool dude!! Imma run this soon!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matt_890s

Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

Sigh, RIP Ken Block. I remember watching his crazy driving skills in Climbkhana. It's really nice of you to have made these skins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Yes, we'll miss him. Thanks for your kind message!

5. Deleted member 509752

Deleted member 509752
    Expand Collapse

What a nice tribute to Ken Block!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

I've been wanting to make something like that for a while now, those two are spot on.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! RIP Legend
    --- Post updated ---
    Glad to hear you liked these!

8. BUHGANG

BUHGANG
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to bump this thread but when I have the pack installed and save a configuration for any vehicle it causes the game to speed up, almost like its going at 5x the normal speed (not 5x the car speed but 5x the game speed, kinda like a youtube video thats sped up)

9. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Hi
    Yes it's a known bug, you just have to restart your game (your configuration will be available and the speed should be back to normal)
    Although this is not optimal, this allows you to continue playing for now...
    Have a nice day

10. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to let you know that this was updated very recently, lot of new stuff out... Enjoy!

11. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Hi
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm back working on this mod actively. I'll try to fix this bug as soon as possible.
    Bye

12. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

wow this is amazing

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot! Check the Hoonicorn mod too, it's really incredible and the author is a very nice guy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

I usually don't care for skins, ive probably only downloaded 2 or 3 in the last 5 years of playing BeamNG. I usually just delete them or stop using them after I try them out. But this pack is probably the only skin pack I will ever use or keep in my mods list. Nice work. Its awesome as is, but excited to see whats to come in the next update. Thank you!

KB43VER

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot for your kind message!
    For now I'm focusing on bug fixes and I'll try to include new stuff in the next update. Hardest thing to do is to find similar vehicles to what we have in game...
    Anyway
    Byebye
    Have a nice day

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seryy52

Seryy52
    Expand Collapse

How is the development process going? Maybe I can do something to help? I just realized that the acceleration of the game is due to Vivace and Pickup cars.
    Thank you for this mod!

17. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot for your kind message!
    I didn't really have time to get back to work on this pack, I have a few files that are still WIP on my laptop but I'm going through exams rn lol
    Thanks for the info about Vivace and Pickup
    I'll try to look into it asap but any help would be much appreciated. If you look in the files you'll notice some new parts for the pickup that don't work and are still WIP are present. Maybe these are the cause of this whole trouble about thumbnails and speed stuff lmao...
    Anyway,
    Thanks again!

#17 Dr. Gread, Jun 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys
    Quick update to let you know what's going on with this pack
    I'll be covering two different topics here: what's causing the "speed-up bug" and what's coming for the next update.

The "speed-up" bug
    So by looking and testing a few things, it seems like the Vivace hates windows textures (for example, on the 2018 ARX config, there's a custom texture for the windshield and backlight that is being applied when the 18' Death Spray livery is active).
    The only way to solve that is to remove these textures from the pack.
    I don't really know what to do because I don't want to delete these windows textures as they're part of the real vehicles.
    A friend suggested that I should put these problematic textures in a separate zip so that people can download it if they want to or have just the stable version otherwise.
    Let me know what you guys think.

About what's coming
    So I've been working on some missions to complete the pack (rally stages, RX AI races...)
    screenshot_2023-07-22_18-51-19.png screenshot_2023-07-22_23-10-35.png
    To be able to spawn realistic opponents, I've been working on new configurations, mainly ARX (Americas RallyCross) oriented ; also made some new configurations for some props (tirewall...). I also designed some new parts such as braking lights as often seen at the rear of rally cars (example: here). Finally, designed some static meshes to go on the map during the missions (will be available in missions or via the world editor).
    About these ARX configs, I wasn't able to replicate them on a lore vehicle corresponding to the real one (for instance, All Inkl uses a Seat Ibiza, which doesn't have a lore counterpat) so I used the Vivace for all of these vehicles.

That's about everything's that's been going on for these past few months.
    Thanks everyone for downloading this mod and helping me improve it!

Byebye
    Nice day
    #kb43ver

#18 Dr. Gread, Jul 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  19. pants

pants
    Expand Collapse

yo i made these skins like 6 months ago if you want to add the hoonigan one pm me. i can also help with windshield texture issues.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2023-05-29_22-59-30.png
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dr. Gread

Dr. Gread
    Expand Collapse

Hi
    Thanks for your message
    Not sure that i understand this part:
    For the windshield textures, it can cause some issues with the Vivace (like your game speed changing when saving configurations and stuff like that). But aside from that, the whole pack is working and playable.
    If you have some issues, please list them so we can fix them. (pm me if you need)
    Thanks!
    Nice day
    Byebye

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice