Experimental KissMP - new multiplayer mod for BeamNG.drive

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by The HellBox, Nov 6, 2020.

1. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Amazing ! V-sync was the only difference I spotted between old and new .conf file. And I was thinking "nah" this can't be it. Then I reminded myself that I threw out the default config.pc before when solving problems on one of my modding projects. And I thought "Could that be the problem ?" I saved a new default car ingame and nobody seemed to 'complain' after I appeared lol.

I fact, with lowest graphics, high dyn reflections I obtained 100 fps whilst I_Like_Trophy_Trucks and I were 'wreck festing' on ECUSA. So that was 2 players. Very smooth, the fps drops quickly when the players add up though and when too laggy I turn collisions off, big difference too.

Yes, thanks very much ! Here's the damage model on my end ↓

screenshot_2020-11-10_16-26-21.png

:)

edit : @jakelooker is that normal behavior for v-sync ? I guess I should try this.

#241 NOCARGO, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

What's wrong with V-sync?

3. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a pro on that but it made my fps not go above 50. And turning it off does.

Thanks again @jakelooker !

4. jakelooker

jakelooker
    Expand Collapse

No problem. There isn't anything wrong with v-sync, it just fit nocargo's issue of the FPS not changing with graphics settings. When your PC is just barely capable of matching the FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor it is best left switched off.

Just noticed your further message. Yes this is normal behaviour. Vsync locks your game at the refresh rate of your monitor. Although it's strange that yours is 50 fps, 60 is much more standard. Maybe you have a 100Hz monitor and it's running at half rate.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-vsync/

#244 jakelooker, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

No I got an older monitor/tv screen at 50hz. By the way I'm getting complaints again on the servers. People talk about my config, I don't get this. I'm only using vanilla files and again, all my other mods are disabled.
    --- Post updated ---
    If anyone is interested in testing if my participation on a server is malfunctioning I'd be glad to join an empty server. There's just not many users online for now.

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Alright, as everything seemed to go fine before, since today I seem to ruin the public mp experience with my computer. I don't know why all the sudden. I even tried a fresh install of the game with only KissMP in the mod folder (all other mods were already disabled before though). So I'm taking a step back from joining multiplayer until I get some better gear. It was no priority for me to update hardware before KissMP came out, maybe I will soon, I'll consider it for sure:) . Have fun with this great mod everybody !

7. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

This is not normal, my PC is a potato(I run 10 FPS at most of the public servers), but people have no issues with me

• Like Like x 1
  8. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Well, what else can I say.. I shut down yesterday and today I got trouble while on my end everything runs smooth.

9. jakelooker

jakelooker
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't give up on it, we raced the other day and it was working fine. It's likely to be the server or other clients with the issue

10. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

People keep referring to 'instability with *car I'm currently driving*. I don't want me to keep bugging everyone all the time ? :D

11. jakelooker

jakelooker
    Expand Collapse

Still processing currently but here's a short video of some fun we had earlier on today.

Shows some good examples of how well the netcode can handle quite extreme collisions when the ping is good - but also how "entertaining" it can be when there's more latency involved.

12. NaNe

NaNe
    Expand Collapse

It works but not very good for europe(ping 180 plus)

13. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Looks great! I haven't seen what you were doing yesterday while I was on the server, as I was working on the patch and everything was broken for me. Anyway, I'm working on improving sync right now, and those results might look better in the future

14. crashitall

crashitall
    Expand Collapse

do you have to pay to create a server for this mod? or is it only allowing to join servers in its current state of developement?

also how do you create your own private server if its a option?

15. not yellow

not yellow
    Expand Collapse

16. crashitall

crashitall
    Expand Collapse

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot2020-11-11104032.png
    kissmp very fun and poggies

• Like Like x 1
  18. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

19. 1NbaN3

1NbaN3
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

good mod

20. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

it just is what i expected beammp to be and it does that 100 times better

also because its less known atm you have a bigger chance of randomly meeting a forum member

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice