Experimental KissMP - new multiplayer mod for BeamNG.drive

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by The HellBox, Nov 6, 2020.

1. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Are your gpu drivers on the newest version? If no, update them and try again.

2. PriusRepellent2

PriusRepellent2
    Expand Collapse

Sorted it, absolute pile of junk compared to BeamMP, I'm shocked that you could even dare to compare it to BeamMP!

Cars keep respawning upon any collision, usually respawning inside of each other. Hardly ever get this over on BeamMP.
    Everytime someone modifies anything on their car in the config, it freezes the game for everyone.
    If someone joins the server, it automatically respawns every single car in the server apart from your own.

Only good points I can give are that it can run smoother than BeamMP with a low amount of players (Less than 4) and that the chat appears to work unlike BeamMP's constantly broken chatbox.

Doubt I'll use this again though, it's dreadful on a whole.

3. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm very sorry to hear about those issues.
    What was your ping like? That's a bit important, as 1.2 has issues with high pings/low FPS. And time sync is a bit junky there(Breaks prediction a little).
    We're publishing new version today, with a new sync, and lots of bug fixes, it lacks the problems you've described. I can PM you once we finish with that. Hope that you'll change your mind after!

edit: Here's a video showcasing how 1.2 sync works in a good conditions

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

Will I need to download the new version or will it auto-update?

5. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You'll have to download a new version yourself, yes

6. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

Ok. Will I still be able to join with the old version if i forget to update?

7. PriusRepellent2

PriusRepellent2
    Expand Collapse

My ping was pretty low, mostly between 10 and 30. Averaging 15 ish

8. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

ah i love the smell of loyalism in the morning
    were you told to say this?

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

I just joined a server and I spawned in halfway into a wall. Would it be possible to have a designated spawning area or something like that?

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2020-11-24200722.png
    #369 Bad Driver771, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  10. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Funny how you are the first person that has complained about any of those things, here or in the discord. Also, isnt freezing a "problem" (more like quirk of loading or refreshing cars) in BeamMP too? Because last time i checked, it has the same "problem".
    It seems like all your complains are either A. Not true, B. An exageration of the truth, C. Known problems currently being worked, or D. Problems related with the game engine itself that cant be solved, which are present in both mods.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Bad Driver771

Bad Driver771
    Expand Collapse

Just played on a server and am impressed. I got a video of it, would that be of any use?

12. TunedS54M3

TunedS54M3
    Expand Collapse

Is your computer a potato? That might be why.

13. PriusRepellent2

PriusRepellent2
    Expand Collapse

No mate, top end PC a few years back and will happily run BeamNG on high settings on gridmap with 10 cars spawned before any lag appears.
    GTX 1060 Graphics card, 8GB ram, 1TB solid state hard drive. Only an I5 but like I say, top end a few years back. Paid £330 for it on ebay by sheer luck, thought I overpaid so I took it to a shop called "Yeadon Computers" near me who couldn't believe how lucky I was. I had it valued at £450 retail 2nd hand so I think it's a good setup lol. Was thinking of upgrading but no point as it runs more than perfect for what I use it for.

Runs games like Wreckfest on highest settings at 60FPS + easily in a 24 car race with minimal frame drops, puts my old laptop that could run BeamNG decently to shame haha.

Back on topic though, I left and rejoined half an hour later and the respawning thing stopped at first but then started again when a few people joined with poor connections, appears to be a problem with people joining when they have high ping count.

Is there a feature for hosts to kick people from their servers as it's annoying when you're racing and some 9 year old american kid spawns a T-Series cement mixer and just rams into you all before blocking the track.
    On BeamMP, we could just remove their vehicle and then it'd be fine until they spawn another. On KissMP, you can't even do that sadly.

14. RobloxFan2

RobloxFan2
    Expand Collapse

What does an american kid have to do with getting a t series and ramming people? It would be better to just say " 9 year old kid spawns a T-Series cement mixer and just rams into you all before blocking the track."
    o_O

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Buddy, you are letting your racism show. No one believed you saying that it wasnt working well, so now you say that the lack of moderation tools combined with your racism against americans is the problem?
    Man keep digging that grave. You are comparing something that came out less than 20 days ago, and were the core features already works better, with a mod that basically had to be forced into evolving.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

We don't do anything to the "Remove Current" button afaik.

17. The HellBox

The HellBox
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You can remove other's vehicles in KissMP the same way as you do in BeamMP. Just switch to vehicle you want to remove, and remove it in radial menu. We're working on "Blocking" players, so you can ignore other's cars, but that'll take some time to implement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Is new version delayed?

19. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Names mid/low tier gpu and unspecified i-5... Calls it top end lmfao

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Also the fact that there is no way in hell an i5 is running 10 cars without lag. Your performance with multiple cars is equivalent to the number of cores you have, last time i checked, i5's are still quad cores. At best he is running 4 or 5 cars with "acceptable" performance, anything beyond that just makes the game run exponentially worse.
    Is this the BeamNG version of "i know what i got"?

#380 Srockzz, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice