1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

lag lag lag...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by a380861, Jul 18, 2014.

1. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody, i'm new, i have paid and downloaded the game and i have uploaded it....
    But the problem is that there is a lot of lag even if i put all the cursor "lowest" (graphics, antialiasing...)
    I have a i5 3.10 GHz a nvidia gt620 graphic card so it's a good computer ( i can run a lot of game heavier than this game) (windows 8)
    So i ask you in order to find the probleme because it's very disapointable to play without any graphic...
    thanks and see you

(sorry for my english i'm french)

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You will not be able to run the game smoothly with a GT620; that is a terrible graphics card, probably slower than most integrated GPUs. What games do you run well with it? I am genuinely curious.

3. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

I run a lot of simulator, for exemple i can run flight simulator x with a lot of addon like FTX Verctor ORBX or the 737 PMDG (the heavier payware addon for this game) without any problems...
    when you said "that is a terrible graphics card" does it mean that it's not very performant, not good? I think that it's not a GTX 780 but it's not so bad?

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Flight Simulator X is an 8 year old game...

5. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

yes but it always need a good machine in order to run it with a lot of recents addon with hight graphique, i think if you go on the forum of my community and you say "it's a old game, it doesn't need a powerfull machine in order to run this game"
    i think a lot of player would be angry ^^
    when i play drive alpha my CPU is about 50% so it not so heavy, i supposed that there is a probleme of compatibility or something like that...

6. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Well Gabester is one of the people who created BeamNG, so I think that he knows what he is talking about. Just saying

7. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

ok but i cant stand that somebody said fsx is old and doesn t need powerfull computer it s totaly false!!! i have not made this game but about fsx i know that i said too!!!

8. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

There's quite a large difference between a powerful computer now, and a powerful computer eight years ago.

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Whatever the case, a GT620 is way too slow for BeamNG. I had a test machine with a GTX 650 and it could barely run the game at 30 fps on low settings at 1080p. The GT620 is a $50 graphics card. You cannot possibly expect to play a new game at a playable framerate. The GT620 is "A great solution for office, casual games and other non graphics-intensive tasks"

10. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

ok gabester thank you for the info, i didn't imagine that this game would be as heavy as he is ^^

and "There is a big difference between a computer powerful enough now, and a powerful computer, eight years ago." my computer is less than 1 year old... i have just a gt620 but on the other game i have a great result and my processor is not so bad and better than some i7 (i have compare with other it's not a lie)... (it's sure that if we want a "powerfull computer" we have to pay between 1000 and 3000 euros ...)

11. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

If you say so. Doesn't change the fact that FSX is not an intensive game by any of today's standards, and the GT 620 is a totally crappy video card.

12. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

said a 15 years old child....

13. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Who has had a job helping teach robotics and programming classes to grade-school kids since he was 14...

14. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

The GT 620 is about equivalent to the Intel HD 4400. The graphics that come built into current generation (Haswell) i3 processors intended for word processing and web browsing.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/inde...ics-4400-desktop-vs-geforce-gt-620-core-gf108

Even my GTX 760 and Radeon R9 280 have problems running the game with full settings at 1080p. My first advice would be to make sure "enable postfx system" at the top of the left hand menu is unchecked, and then save it with the button at the bottom of that menu. If it's still laggy, lower your resolution.

EDIT: Also play on lag light maps, like the two grids, and community made maps you can download from the forums here like nadeox's parking lot derby, N-Labs and B25Mitch's expressway.

15. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

oula c'est très impressionnant, oh pire je m'en branle c'est pas le sujet et si tu veut tu me paye une gtx 780!!!! merci gabester pour les renseignements et meme en "slowest" ce jeu est sympa et m'occupe ^^
    chao

16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The GT620 is not much better than the intel HD4000 integrated graphics chip which can also run flight simulator X without issue, it is not a demanding game in any metric these days... Seriously, all flight simulator X required was a 1ghz pentium and a 32mb DirectX9 compatible GPU in order to run. Recommended 2ghz and 128mb GPU for high settings. 2ghz pentium era GPU is equivelant to less than 1 ghz modern i5. Intels HD4000 is more powerful than the GPU's which used the be capable of maxing flight sim X when it was a brand new title. Even when it was new it wasnt overly demanding. The HD4000 isnt even the current gen integrated GPU and is inferior to its 4400 and 5000 counterparts.

17. BallisticDK

BallisticDK
    Expand Collapse

okay so.

I = first test
    S = Second Test

Nvidia GT620 = I 435 / S 8.70

Nvidia GTX660 TI = I 4.687 / S 13.83

Source

GT620 is not a gaming card, and its not good.

Fsx can run on integrated cards these days

18. dewso1

dewso1
    Expand Collapse

Okay but seriously, I have an nVida 750m, and the game runs at 11 fps at 640x480 with everything the lowest or turned off, it was running great before the update. Any possible reason why?

19. a380861

a380861
    Expand Collapse

yess that's on the paper but when you buy the best addon which need a lot of performance, it become very different.
    My gt620 is coupled with a i5 3.10Ghz 4 thread

20. BallisticDK

BallisticDK
    Expand Collapse

for the lazy. Google translate

"oula is very impressive, oh worst I motion is not about you and if you want to pay me a gtx 780!! gabester thank you for the information and even in "slowest" this game is nice and take care ^ ^
    chao"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice