1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

lag lag lag...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by a380861, Jul 18, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

In case you didn't notice, he isn't actually an english speaker. Can you form french sentences properly?

2. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

My advice is to get a better graphics card. I got a GTX 760, and it lets me utilize the full power of my computer's processor. It's amazing.

3. Rwarcards762

Rwarcards762
    Expand Collapse

That's crazy, because my Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated) runs the game 1024x768 on High everything (turned off PostFX, Anti-aliasing, and all that fancy, with shadows on Low) and I get 35 fps on GridMap, and around 17 fps on Small Island/Dry Rock Island.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im genuinely surprised at how the gtx650 runs the game. While i cant say my 560ti maintains constant 60+ fps it usually hovers around 35 on decent settings on dry rock island. Should probably turn the settings down a bit :p

screenshot_00084.jpg screenshot_00085.jpg

5. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Anisotropic filtering off? It barely affects performance and roads look much better with it on.

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the tip, ill give it a go

RESULT:
    Yep, you are right, i drop 0.4fps by having it on and roads look much much sharper.

To be completely honest though i haven't played Dry rock island much at all since the pre race update. My CPU has never been a bottleneck in BeamNG while my GPU has always been one, the 10fps drop the race update caused means its not really much fun to drive around dry rock island, but there are so many good mods that it doesn't matter much anyway. Small Island USA on the other hand runs at 60fps, its awesome :D
    Hopefully the gtx 800 series comes out soon. I can deal with it until then.

#46 aljowen, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  7. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Nevermind.

I do have a 750M and did not notice any drop in FPS from the udpate. Postfx seems to boost my by a tad. Like 1-5fps.

8. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, I've got a 7870 and its pretty much identical to a 660TI so its a little more powerful but I can get about 50+ fps most of the time, more than playable.

9. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i have a 630 i can run this fine all i had to do was put lighting quality on lowest. and i got a 60-80 fps boost

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

solved that issue on the previous page, laptop was in low power mode

11. bunnns

bunnns
    Expand Collapse

I can run fsx on a oldass toshiba laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Um I could buy an alienwares cheapest computer for 800 dollars and that's a pretty powerful computer.

12. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Also the OP could theoretically upgrade his GPU if his case and motherboard allow him to do so. No need to replace the whole computer with an overpriced Alienware. Much cheaper to buy the parts and do your own build.

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, when I had my 650ti it ran the game pretty well on high settings and some postfx. It was still bottlenecked by my A8-3850 in most situations. Now with my R9 270 I can run it maxed out and it still rarely hits 100% usage ever. I can't wait for my FX-8320 to arrive on Monday and see if I can finally run the stock Moonhawk at more than 25FPS.

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Awch, I have the 4400 integrated on my laptop and get around 15FPS max with the Pigeon :p

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

GT series graphics cards don't usually make sense unless you are having issues with your on board graphics. For instance a P series Intel motherboard which does not support the iGPU.

If you want to play more intensive games an nvidia gtx grade card is pretty much necessary. Unless you want an AMD card, in which case an R9 series card is advisable but some R7 cards will be passable, but only just.

16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Anyone that thinks a card like gt 620, r5 230, hd 5450, hd4000 etc are gaming cards and refuse to believe otherwise really need to take a look at their life. I spend a good amount of time over on the minecraft forums at the SEUS thread (fastcraft there) and I nearly got asked to take a vacation for yelling at a kid who thought that his gt610 was enough to run the game+SEUS because his uncle bought it for him and it was in the latest series of card and was calling everybody in the thread stupid for not being able to help him. (Not that that applies here, OP was ok about it) I still dislike that kid though.

/rant
    Carry on.

17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

GT540, 40-60fps on most maps. 30FPS with 3 cars on an i3 on gridmap. .-.

18. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

my 630 is more powerful than that i can play at 25+ at max sttings
    i currently am running at 60-95 fps

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im assuming you play at a lower resolution than 1080p?

20. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yes 1080*720

- - - Updated - - -

but i do have 8gb ram and a i7 3770k

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice