1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

lag lag lag...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by a380861, Jul 18, 2014.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Just out of interest why didn't you go with a high end i5 and get something closer to a GTX650? Assuming that you are using that PC mainly for gaming it would have made it a bit more balanced.

2. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

its a stock desktop its all good stuff but the gpu it was only a £600 pc im trying to convince my mum to buy me a gtx780ti

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Good luck with that :p

4. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

she is close:p
    i just gotta be god for a bit and ill be able to have it.

5. D7er5eer

D7er5eer
    Expand Collapse

Google Translate makes things seem as messed up as this...

About your problem:

Are you playing the game on a computer that's sitting on a flat surface?
    I do that cause I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 lap top and it heats up very quickly when I play games.

6. zagueiro.qa

zagueiro.qa
    Expand Collapse

Well, i7 3770 + GTX 670 and I can't run @ 60 FPS on Medium + 2X AA and stuff... Just wondering WTF is that guy doing thinking that he can run it smoothly w/ a 620...

7. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Then there is something wrong with your PC-

8. Jake329

Jake329
    Expand Collapse

I'm running BeamNG with a GT620 and I can get ~40+ FPS on low-medium settings. I just had to change some options but it's totally playable. I do however want to save for a better card so I can use special fx and all that jazz.

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

The card I use, and am getting annoyed with because in game artifacting issues from hell, is the MSI Radeon R9280x. Which is like having 5 of your current graphics card -- its not even top of the line. I recommend seriously getting a new GPU

10. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

What artifacting issues?

11. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

This makes no sense, I have a Radeon 5450 (A terrible Card) and I play at 25 fps but according to videocardbenchmark.net the GTX 620 gets a score of 435 while the 5450 gets a score of 233. SO shouldn't the 620 be able to hold 30 fps? He even has a better CPU than me.

12. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I have a feeling I got a faulty unit, but this is a regular thing for me
    (imported from here)

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The exact same thing happened to our old ati 9700 pro. It sucks. First started in Richard Burns rally, then it got artifacts on the desktop and bootup (screen was covered in squares). Had to remove it and rely on intel integrated on the single core p4. That computer was in operation as our office computer up until about 2 months ago. Finally got retired after 11 years of use. It was struggling with web browsing alone by that point. But it played ROR ok until the GPU died since it was a single core powerhouse.

What a beauty :p
    IMG_20140722_214618.jpg
    Weird seeing such a small cooling unit on a GPU compared to the dual slot beasts we have now. Dat red pcb as well.

14. XYReis

XYReis
    Expand Collapse

15. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I hate DOA's. RMA'ing is also a pain in the ass because they don't live with the cards, I have a doubt they'll identify the fault.

16. zagueiro.qa

zagueiro.qa
    Expand Collapse

17. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, just take off the heatsink, clean up the paste, throw it in the oven at 385F for about 10 minutes, and you should be good to go. (Assuming it isn't a driver issue or something.) I did it to my dads old pair of 8800GTS cards that had cooked themselves to death and they worked perfectly afterwards.

18. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Heard horror stories of people turning up the oven thermostat too high and having everything slide off the GPU board because the solder liquified. Laughed heartily.

19. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Putting it in the oven lol... so what's stopping it from melting other welds and killing the card?

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It melts all the solder on the card, but so little so that it doesn't flow very well so will remain in place. Not recommended for double sided pcb's as they larger components on the bottom will not be supported by surface tension of the solder necessarily.
    The technique is known as reflow soldering and is used in mass production parts. You apply solder paste to all the pads, then stick the components into the paste and chuck it all in the oven. Double sided boards usually get mounted in a jig or have the components glued in place too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice