1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

laggy GUI and 'fatal vehicle error'

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TheDragonGamer, Dec 23, 2016.

1. TheDragonGamer

TheDragonGamer
    Expand Collapse

ive recently been playing on the new 0.8 verson of the game and while trying to do police chases i keep getting aa fetal vehicle error on the sunbirst police RS and during the times i dident use the sunbirst i kept getting an issue with the GUI, trying to respawn a car would stop the gui working and everything wouild freeze, i noticed a few others getting the fatal vehicle error on the forums as well so im glad to know its not just me!

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If Fatal Vehicle Exception you are having is different from the one other are having.
    That one happens on all vehicles, and is caused by the G27 LED option under OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY

If your happens only on that car, it's something different.
    Mods? If yes, remove/disable them in first place.

If problem persists, I'd just do a clean reinstall, may also solve your slow UI issue:
    http://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#How_do_I_perform_a_clean_reinstall.3F

3. 0rangeGhost

0rangeGhost
    Expand Collapse

i have aproblem with GUI too, if i play with 4 or more AI, GUI works very slow and after some time it's freezes and stop working

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

I have to say that the ui have been very laggy and at times, unusable. it becomes so laggy that it doesnt respond. it takes minutes before i can see anything ui related move. the ctrl u and f5 fixes it for 5 min but it starts doing the same thing not long after.
    Ive also noticed that the ram usage for the BeamNG.ui application is flying in numbers after a while. it starts off at about 90 MB, after loading a map for the first time it goes up to about 300 mb but there are 2 instance of it running. after opening the vehicle selector once it goes up to about 430 mb. it seems that it keeps going up the longer that the ui is opened as well. 2nd time it goes to 450, but its been opened for about a min now and its at 480. after opening and closing it 3 times in a row its at about 530 MB. if i open the part selector it goes up to 620. after a min there its at 650+. after adding a car and having the ui closed it got back to about 450 mb.
    Now lets try changing a few parts. After changing 1 part it goes up to 630+ mb, after changing 2 more parts it went up to 840 mb and its going up as long as the ui is opened. after 2 more parts on the same vehicle its as up as 950+ mb. and you can noticeably start seeing a delay in the ui's responds time. its been what, 5 min and ive changed about 6 parts and added a vehicle and its already at 1050+mb and going up.
    I didnt notice any difference if i tried it in safe mode or not. after doing ctrl+u and f5 it goes down to 300 but then 5 more min and its back to 1000 and more depending on what you do.
    If you have been playing for a few hours and changing parts/maps and such, it will go up a lot and very quickly. for me, after a while of playing i noticed that it can go as far as over 3000 mb, if i remember well it even went as far as 6000 and more.
    I am not that good with all this, but it looks like its leaking memory quite a lot.

I hope this info can help some of the devs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Normal. Ui uses cpu. Ai used cpu. The vehicles use a huge amount of cpu. Most PCs will lag with 4 ai vehicles present

6. 0rangeGhost

0rangeGhost
    Expand Collapse

it's not about that, before 0.8 update i could play with 8 AI driving around for hours, it was just about FPS, it's not changed, but UI works very slow and after a few minuts of 4 AI driving UI stop working

7. lukeskywoolner

lukeskywoolner
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why all -well most of my mods- aren't working they either have a fatal vehicle error or they just wont move at all.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Those mods more likely just need to be updated.
    This is a normal thing when you make mod for a game that is under full development and constantly changing.

For UI issues, I've report this issue and we will check as soon holidays are over.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lukeskywoolner

lukeskywoolner
    Expand Collapse

Its not just the mods, its the stock cars aswell

10. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Some modd affect the stock cars as well.

11. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

this happens to me to, I had 60fps ingame but the gui was sooooooo laggy, and finally i just had to restart the whole game. any news on this? I do not expect it to be fixed like that, but just an update on how it is going :) thanks.

12. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

same thing is still happening. its really annoying.

13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

It could be very much outdated mods you are likely using try removing them (I did check and no one has suggested outdated mods yet)

14. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

this is the problem i have been having. any more than 1 vehicle the gui freezes and it is unuseable

15. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have that with the caravan trailer at times when I spawn it as a secondary vehicle the game doesnt like it, I know its a mod somewhere but I have almost 180 mods installed but only 58 of them are active...who knows whats causing it for me

16. TheDragonGamer

TheDragonGamer
    Expand Collapse

welp forgot to check on this. i have deleted all my mods and im still getting the fatal vehicle error on the herroci sunbirst and ONLY the sunbirst no other car in the game will give me this issue and the GUI has only recently had these issues with two cars any more my game becomes unusable (that was normal) but two cars never messed with my GUI before i got fps drops sure, but i never had issues with my GUI.

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try a clean reinstall, it's the fastest way to solve these.
    http://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#How_do_I_perform_a_clean_reinstall.3F

18. Kirahl

Kirahl
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice