legitamate laptop for beamng

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Carbunny2, Dec 29, 2017.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You want:
    Anything with a 6xxx~7xxx, or 8xxx or better intel CPU at-least 2.8~3ghz on turbo speed.
    An AMD RYZEN Mobile with Vega graphics may be sufficient, but I'd wait for user confirmation.
    If anyone has an AMD RYZEN mobile CPU and wishes to test my Roane County map on normal settings and report back I'd be grateful (thanks ahead of time if you do!).
    8~16gb of RAM, 16gb preferred, but 8gb is bare-minimum for gaming now.
    Graphics card, you want an Nvidia 1050 or better in the laptop. Skip older stuff if possible.
    DO NOT go below a 960m on mobile, it won't run well or will look like trash.
    FORGET about intel integrated graphics, it won't run the game, it will 'walk' it. Slowly.
    128gb~240gb or larger SSD preferred but not required, sure makes the machine snappier though.

Just don't skimp on the graphics here, most recent cpu's should be 'sufficient' though.

DO NOT GET an older bulldozer/piledriver based AMD APU. Make sure it says RYZEN on it if you do.
    Otherwise it won't run the game well at all, not even on pure-grid map.

Most older laptops will have to be plugged into a power source to play this game decently, but newest ones might be able to maintain playable FPS on battery.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice