WIP Beta released LGN Performance pack

Discussion in 'Land' started by iamlegian, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Loonniee

Loonniee
    Expand Collapse

Okay. was just wondering because drifting the t series is somehow my favourite thing to do. i was looking in the files but its all confusing

2. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Alright so this is the best I can do for now. Unfortunately the angle doesn't go much wider than before. Removing the front shocks helped a lot.

I have added a test config that seems to be drifting better than the others. Hope this keeps you entertained while I circle back to the T-series.

(Download the updated file from the top post)

#22 iamlegian, Nov 9, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  3. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Dang bruh. Would you look at that?

Attached Files:

• 20231109155340_1.jpg
    • 20231109155350_1.jpg
    • 20231109175857_1.jpg
    • 20231109181250_1.jpg
    • 20231109183416_1.jpg
  4. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Made it to the repo! *little dance*

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yo_Truck

Yo_Truck
    Expand Collapse

Hey man! I just wanted to make a quick post here to say thank you for releasing this. I also rated the mod to show you some love. Keep up the great work!

I've only played with a couple of the cars: Bastion & LeGran. The Bastion feels amazing! I noticed driving the LeGran I think it's maxing out the rack or the steering binds? If you use wheels bigger than 15x6 & I having the offset maxed out it will go to full lock stay there, even if you lower the steering angle it still happens. Running 15x6 wheels & having the offset maxed, it makes the steering way more manageable. Maybe it's something you can't fix like you stated in a post above. I just wanted to let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Yeah you have to fiddle a bit to find the perfect combination. Parts from other mods will let you go way beyond the vanilla values too. For this reason I didn't want to add restrictions, as I simply can't predict what is out there. That's why I left values that go beyond breaking point.

If you mess with steering you can get the extreme angle to work anyway, usually with less wheel offset and lower caster. Think of it as a puzzle. :)

For now this is good enough I guess. Even so it's hours and hours of fiddling to get anything to work right, but once I have all cars done and some good feedback I'll start refining every car in particular.

Much thanks for the support and I'm glad you got some use out of my mod!

7. Yo_Truck

Yo_Truck
    Expand Collapse

Interesting... I usually run full offset to get the wheels away from anything it might hit & full caster to get as close to 7 degrees as possible. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm messing around with cars. I'm kinda new to Beam NG. This is not like Forza or Assetto so I'm shooting in the dark a little lol Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to future updates! :D

8. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Oh well here's what I usually do:

Max caster (all the way to the right).

Max out the adjustable steering from this mod.

Turn the wheels all the way, the steering will snap. Lower the steering angle by 3 clicks, turn the wheels until it snaps. Keep lowering by 3 at a time until it stops snapping or bending.

Lower the camber to where I want it (this might cause the steering to snap again, so stop at just over snapping point)

At this point the front of the car will dip at max wheel turn (this is a game limitation that I'm trying to work around).

I now lower the front suspension to where I want it (usually pretty low) and adjust the wheel offset (usually as close to the fenders/quarter panels as possible). This will limit the front dip by quite a lot.

If the dip bothers you at this point, then start lowering the steering angle until you eliminate the dip.

Other things that help drifting:

Welded rear differential.

Max out pressure on rear wheels, usually 50psi.

Lower front wheel pressure to 20ish psi.

Get 300ish horsepower.

Sequential gearbox.

Pro tip:

If you have trouble initiating drifts, get crappier tires on the back. If you spin out too much, get crappier tires on the front.

I might make a tutorial video... hmm.

#28 iamlegian, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  9. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

To give you an idea of what drifts are achievable with this mod and a bit of patience to mess around in the tuning tab. Also a peek at the 200bx skin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Drift crawler anyone? (update soon)

20231118112631_1.jpg

And it retains its crawler capabilities.

20231118114809_1.jpg

#30 iamlegian, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Hey, car geeks! Guess who figured out how to tune the Akermann angle!

This will open up drifting like never before!!!

Adding this to the next update.

Attached Files:

• 20231118220255_1.jpg
    • 20231118220308_1.jpg
    • 20231118220245_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Yo_Truck

Yo_Truck
    Expand Collapse

All right, That's very similar to what I do. I don't usually snap anything. My wheel (thrustmaster T-gt-II) usually just over centers, then I drop the angle till it doesn't. But everything else is what I do.

Interesting, I usually run a LSD, Race gearbox, around 300hp, & 20ish rear psi/ dont touch front psi. I pretty much copy what I learned from real life, Assetto, & Forza. I think I'm fighting my wheels settings now & trying to learn Beam NG. But I'm having a lot of fun. A tutorial is never a bad idea in my opinion.

13. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Submitted the update. Should be cool. That was a lot of work, but check this out. (config included in the update)

While it gets approved, the file will be here.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. C-:

C-:
    Expand Collapse

What's up!! Idk how I've been missing this mod. Ackerman will certainly help!
    For my drift tunes I do a similar process. I think caster is the most important value in this game. Cars don't really wanna autosteer like they do irl, so cranking caster forces that motion a bit, also running hard feedback.
    And mostly using street or sport wheels will do the trick, i tend to use street tires the most.
    Welded diff feels better than lsd imho.

If y'all let me suggest a plan for this mod, I think it would be interesting to make a custom ultimate front suspension, and port it to all cars. Like most people do irl. Common between Nissan niche to port s13's front suspension to whatever other nissan you wanna drift, since it's a good geometry setup and aftermarket support. What do you think?
    --- Post updated ---
    The main advantage would be that you will have more time to focus on a single set, and add custom variable parts like ax53 did. Custom lenght arms, or tie rods, maybe if you wanna go crazy move x,y,z axis of the attaching nodes of let's say top of coilover, bottom arms, or tie rods (that would actually go crazy). All this could make for an ultimate drift suspension.

15. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

The biggest issue I have is the obvious one. It's a game. I don't get physical feedback from the car, so it's hard to do precise corrections while going sideways. Sooo I'm trying to build configs that make it easy to recover from a drift, rather than ones facilitating initiating a drift.

And yeah, I've been looking at swapping the front suspension off of the bluebuck, so far it's the best I could find in the game.

For reference:

20231122100157_1.jpg

Get the file I posted above and check the config. Bluebuck really is the best drifter with this steering.

The main issue with a suspension swap is I'll run into pretty much the same issue we have now. Each car's body will interfere with the geometry in its own way, and I'll have to go in and tailor it to each car. Which is what I'm already doing now.

I do however plan on adding a custom front suspension eventually, after every car has its own advanced steering.

I also plan on adding more parts than just steering though.

Like drift tires for most/all rims. This one is already included in the update above (drift tires for offroad rims)

20231122110717_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. C-:

C-:
    Expand Collapse

Isn't smacking the suspension and changing te name of the nodes and parts enough to make it work? And well connect the 4 link nodes to something. I'm asking because my jbeaming skill is close to none

17. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

I'm still figuring out jbeams. And I believe I'd have to create a whole new chassis to accept a different suspension. Not sure though. I did all the steps I could find documentation for and was left with this. :)

20231123222413_1.jpg

At this point I would need someone with actual knowledge to explain it to me. Or collab with me on making this mod.

PS: check out the latest mean drift machine. lol

20231123233930_1.jpg

#37 iamlegian, Nov 23, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  18. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else think that bumper looks much better without the bullbar? In the next update.

screenshot_2023-11-27_00-46-27.png

19. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Alright, pretty much redone the whole mod.

Aside from the steering, the mod now contains:

Lansdale gambler radiator support fenders, late hoods and bullbarless front bumper.

Sunburst has an advanced chassis (removed inner fenders for now)

SBR has a halfway fixed lip spoiler. Doesn't lower but rises all the way when braking.

A bunch of regular tires for 17x9 offroad rims.

The adjustable steerings are now called "(LGN) Advanced Steering" for the most part. They now have adjustable angle, Ackermann angle (toe while turning) and adjustable steering rate.

The cars that were redone (including semi-polished drift configs):

AUTOBELLO
    BASTION
    LEGRAN
    MOONHAWK
    BURNSIDE
    VIVACE
    BOLIDE
    SCINTILLA
    800-SERIES
    I-SERIES
    K-SERIES
    BLUEBUCK
    D-SERIES
    AURATA
    SBR4
    SUNBURST
    200BX
    H-SERIES
    COVET
    MIRAMAR
    PESSIMA
    LANSDALE
    WENDOVER
    DUNEKICKER

#39 iamlegian, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  20. iamlegian

iamlegian
    Expand Collapse

Should I include this version of the drift missile skin?

screenshot_2023-11-28_17-00-30.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice