Separate names with a comma.
Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.
Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by Nadeox1, Apr 7, 2020.
Made myself a wallpaper for my S20 ^^
I cant find the lightbeams part of the showroom map?
sorry if you didn't read the first post, but they exported the tunnel into the showroom
As in they didn't add it officially to the map, they just exported it from blender.
Sadly, I can't even figure out how to get the material changed...
I'm not the most competent person when it comes to stuff like this, but I'll try to help anyway as I got it to work for me to achieve something like this:
@AlpinaFlyer, @JJscoobs, @Nathan24™ and possibly others who need help
Warning: I could not for the life of me find out how to place objects in the F10 Editor (maybe someone can help me with that?? ), so I did that in the F11 Editor. I can just give on the information that I possess, so here is how I did it:
1. Open the old World Editor with F11
2. In the 'Scene Tree', open the 'Library' Tab
3. Open 'art', then open 'shapes'
4. Double click on light_tunnel, it should now appear on the showroom map, but is underground, so just pull it up
(4.5 Position the tunnel to your liking, I put x, y and z to zero and rotation w to 90, as well as all scale values to 2, to make it twice as big. This was possible in the new World Editor for me as well, that's why it's in brackets here)
5. Open the new World Editor with F10
6. Position the tunnel to your liking, I positioned it at 0, 0, 0 and put the third rotation value to 90, as well as all scale values to 2, to make it twice as big. Just play around with those until you are happy. (If you haven't done this already in step 4.5)
7. To change the tunnel's color: Open 'Tools' in the upper bar
8. Find the 'Material Editor' and open it
9. Scroll down to 'Color Map'
10. You should see the blue material in the preview picture there. To change that, paste into 'Path' one of the following available materials:
Sadly I haven't found out how to get the exact results that the devs got by playing with the Depth of Field, but you can optionally play around with those values under the 'Renderer Components' tab on the left.
I hope this helped some people, and maybe someone with some more competence can add to this!
I spawned the tunnel but my car is falling through the tunnel. I have Collision Mesh on the tunnel enabled.
I have the car standing on the ground of the showroom, not the bottom of the tunnel. The tunnel that you see is only a half cylinder. That's why z is at 0, ground level.
I got it
Maybe the devs could add the tunnel to the map in one of the upcoming updates?
Now I also got a wallpaper for my PC, looks gorgeous ! (Yes the camera makes it look like crap and the second screen has been blurred artificially)
I did that now im completely falling through.
Where is shapes? I go under library and am given this:
The tunnel is not supposed to be collide-able.
Simply move the tunnel so it intersects the floor on that level, and put your car in the middle.
Thought it was more obvious.
Oh, sorry, seems I forgot one step, updated the post. Just look in 'art'.
I made a few more photos
@Nadeox1 I enjoyed the mobile live wallpaper. But can you just make another one with the durarion 15 second with continuous light line? Cuz my phone limited to 15 second and it's sad that I cannot see connected light lines.. If possible, I'll be glad to use it!!!!!