1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Live stream feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I wanted 1080p because 720p was quite fugly, but it still looked nice, and 400+ looked the same as 720 somehow.

2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, even though I couldn't sign in to twitch, all I got from the chat was a perpetual loading wheel. Suggestions on how to fix for next time?

3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

i hoped you enjoyed the little show. Behind the scenes it was very chaotic: finished the parts highlighting and signal lights only minutes before the stream started. Twitch chat broke, etc. Next time we will try to plan it ahead a bit better :)

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

it was still great. How did you guys switch players and have the other person host the stream?

5. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

Yet Another great display of your works guys: tdev, HUTCH, estama (Hope i spelled it right) and Gabester.
    Things that I feel could be fixed after Live Stream No. 2!
    1. The Radiator needs to crumple back and not get exposed on every crash
    (On almost every head on collision i could see the radiator sticking out of the metal and it don't look that great, Other then that the collision damage is spot on!)
    2. Make a User Friendly UI when it comes to the alpha release
    (I know the games not out yet but when you guys get serious about a release try to fashion a simple but yet in depth UI where players can edit the cars and change graphic settings because right now the engine editor UI looks kinda complicated for the average Joe)
    3. Make The Tires Deform-able and possibly Deflatable!
    ( I know you guys probably already have this but if you don't, try to make the tires more deformable so it doesn't no clip out of the metal when in a crash! )

Other than that you guys fashioned together a great game and i hope for a summer release :D

#185 Thatguy5480, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  6. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

i think this may be caused not by the radiator not deforming but by the system they have where meshes break. They said the meshes don't break cleanly and parts of them get deleted or something like that. I think the bumper and grills were getting deleted by this system which exposed the radiator. IDK though

7. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Really....?

They showed wheel damage ages ago...

Also, in case you didn't notice, tires are made of rubber, and rubber isn't exactly known for how it deforms under pressure... So the tires won't deform, whereas the rims do.

8. Thatguy5480

Thatguy5480
    Expand Collapse

I know, its just that in some cases I see the actual wheel itself clipping through the crumpled metal, just try to refine tht....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lurheoW2411qk2tcto1_500.png
    Sorry I must post this because of your username...

9. negativeice

negativeice
    Expand Collapse

really loved the way the camera shook when the car was hit. :)

10. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

is it not already user friendly? I dunno. I'm hoping this is how the sandbox will be. The interface right now looks like it should for an editor. I hate it when a GUI tries to be user friendly and becomes unintuitive and messy when catering for idiots. Looks like everything is in drop down lists, tables, lists and you can also enter things through text boxes. Seems idiot proof enough without being messy. I'd understand you being concerned if you had to operate things through a CUI but what problems exactly are there with the GUI right now?

11. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

The parts configuration was the best :D where you could see individual parts and then when you removed and customized parts that was just orgasmic ;)

12. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

the new pic that shows when there is no stream is cooler than the last one by a lot

13. Blulightnin

Blulightnin
    Expand Collapse

Lcukily I was able the stay up until 1 am yesterday night! It was my first livestream I've ever seen and it was great :). But I have some questions about the gameengine:

1) If i'm right the engine was cryengine 3. Are you planning to make your own engine or will you stick to Cryengine 3(I love Cryengine 3! ;))
    2) Do you work together with cryengine 3 so the physics will be there in cryengine 4? (THAT WILL BE AWESOME XD )
    3) Will there be better descructable trees? I know Cryengine supports that pretty good!

And some other questions:

4) Will there be different sound for all the cars? Or better slipping sounds. o_O the current sound drives me crazy :)
    5) Can tires deflate or something else?
    6) Can cars be ripped apart?
    7) When will be the next livestream?

This was everything for this moment :/ maybe I will write some more later on. Stay tuned :D

14. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Its not Cryengine 3 its Torque 3D but they did originally use it but they switched from cryengine 3 to Torque 3D ages ago

#194 JAM3SwGAM3S, Jul 11, 2013
  15. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

1) No, this is running in Torque3D
    2) 1)
    3) No idea, probably not.
    4) The current sounds will be changed, they are placeholders (sounds from Rigs of Rods)
    5) You haven't watched the livestreams or searched at all, have you? They can be destroyed and even detach from the car.
    6) Yep.
    7) Wish I knew.

16. Blulightnin

Blulightnin
    Expand Collapse

I watched it. The cliff was a very good example. With the awesome new truck. but I haven't seen the chasis braking or something like that. It looked like there are parts that can be ripped of from the main car or bend but not broken. If you get what I mean :/ . Has it ever been runned in cryengine 3 with softbody physics? i thought I saw a vid where there where this awesome physics!

17. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

We were using CryEngine 3 initially (the first few videos were done in CE3) but some months ago we switched over to Torque3D.

18. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I haven't seen the chassis braking either, but I think they said it's possible. And yes it run in cryengine 3 until late december/early january, when Torque3D became open source

19. Blulightnin

Blulightnin
    Expand Collapse

Yup and there comes another question:

1) the particles. Why that particles? It looked more like a square with some trash in it wich blocked the view? I guess it will get changed but what was the big thought behind al this?
    2) will this whole project be open source?
    3) will we see this in other games as well when it's finished or is it only for torque3d?

EDIT:

and some history questions. I like coding really much. It would be awesome to get my future job as game developer or game designer( I'm only 15).
    4) How long have you been coding before you got really pro?
    5) How has it all begun? BeamNG?
    6) what kin of study you did to get good at this stuff?

I'm just curious :)

#199 Blulightnin, Jul 11, 2013
  20. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

1. The particles were improved in yesterday's livestream (looked like it to me).
    3. Torque3D is a Game Engine, not a Game. I do recall that BeamNG(the physics) will be available for other games/stuff.
    5. Rigs of Rods
    6. Probably Physics and Programming. (C++, and Hooke's Law?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice